Box for 2 Sundown X-8 V.2 subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Parker22
10+ year member

IL
I am looking for help designing a box for an extended cab F-250. I am wanting to go with 2 Sundown X8's on either a Rockford T1500BDCP or a Sundown SAE 1500...

If the x8's don't have much to offer over the SA 8 v.3 maybe I could go that route on a t1001bcd or a SAE 1000... also maybe a slightly smaller box. But if the x8's offer the same sound quality and slightly more SPL I would want to go that route...

Box would need an internal volume of 1.5 cubes after sub displacement. I want to tune to 31-33 hz.... I can build a box if I have blue prints, but in terms of figuring port size for tuning and subwoofer displacement I get lost.

The dimensions I am willing to work with are 32" Wide, 18" High, and 12" Deep, I have attached a picture showing the max dimensions I can do. I cannot remove the seat cushion... that was my initial plan but it is not possible without removing the single seat on the drivers side as well.

Some other concerns I have are if this will even sound good in an extended cab truck, it has been about 7-8 years since I have had any bass, previously I have had anything from 1 10" w7 to 2 15" t2's... in a Ford Explorer. I have fears the extended cab truck will sound bad or there will be port noise or storage sounds as I will be so close to the subs and port will be close to obstacles. I read forward firing is best in trucks....

Another concern is if my electrical would handle 1500+ watts... my truck is a 2011 F-250 Diesel so it has a pretty big alternator for a stock vehicle as well as 2 batteries.. I would have big 3 done so surely I would be okay?

Thank you for any advice, input, or box designs.... I am willing to pay for a properly designed set of box blueprints that are straight forward.View attachment 26557128

I don't have the time to work up a blueprint otherwise I would help. Shredder2 can probably help you.
I'm walking out the door momentarily... thats a straightforward box... Download torres box calc and use a 6" round or 2 4" aeros with that air and power level... good luck!

On your 2011 f250 diesel they came with a standard alt at around 140-150amp and offered a HD alt around 200 amps. You will have to look up which one you have. Either is plenty though for 1000-1500 rms, especially since you have 2 batts. You'll be ok. I would upgrade the power and ground cables to 0 gauge if you can, it will help.

On your 2011 f250 diesel they came with a standard alt at around 140-150amp and offered a HD alt around 200 amps. You will have to look up which one you have. Either is plenty though for 1000-1500 rms, especially since you have 2 batts. You'll be ok. I would upgrade the power and ground cables to 0 gauge if you can, it will help.
I looked at my window sticker today, I do not think it is the HD alt as it is not listed.

One other idea running through my mind.. since the SA V.3 8" calls for a slightly smaller space I wonder about doing 3 SA v.3's on one of the two mentioned 1500 watt amps? Fair bit more cone area that way... any thoughts?

On your diesel truck as for accessories, you don't already run anything extra atm already do you, like horn kits, on board air compressor, lighting, etc?

On your diesel truck as for accessories, you don't already run anything extra atm already do you, like horn kits, on board air compressor, lighting, etc?
No, added LED cab lights right after I bought the truck, but I can't imagine that taking up much juice.

Running 3 subs will give you a weird final ohm load. I'd stick with one or 2 for ease of wiring.

I thought about this but do not understand all that much about ohm loads and what not... the rockford t1500tdbc puts out roughly the same power at 1 ohm and 2 ohms (but I don't know enough to say about anything beyond that). My thoughts were though if the right amp was on it I could still get around 1500+ at whatever wiring is necessary.

I sent you some pm's about some box calculations. Its pretty rough but has all the cuts and I explain everything and what to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.