Box for 2 sa-10s

I would have gone with 2 or 3 SA-8s or one SA-12 with that kind of space available.
by going smaller you will loose flatness and low end response but should still be louder than sealed. If all you are talking is the displacement of the subs then id go for it. i mean your talking 2^ft vs 1.8^ft, the f3 on those subs are so low id doubt you would notice the difference in low end. now if the port hasn't been taking into account ether i would start to rethink your set up. Bottom line you wont be getting the most out of them but would most likely be getting more than sealed.
Ya, know, I wanted to go with 3 sa-8s, but I talked myself out of it. I wish I hadn't...By the way, the 2 ft did not include port displacement either. The installer is going to work this afternoon to see how much he can milk out of that trunk. I know that the trunk is about 7ft^3, but he is trying not to use the entire trunk so he will have space for a battery/ amp rack.

Well porting them with that little of space is a no-no. You COULD port them, but it'd just sound no good, peaky and high tuning. I'd look into two maybe three SA-8s, or one SA-12.

As for space for a battery rack... you really shouldn't need more than a big 3 and a good battery under the hood.

Well porting them with that little of space is a no-no. You COULD port them, but it'd just sound no good, peaky and high tuning. I'd look into two maybe three SA-8s, or one SA-12.As for space for a battery rack... you really shouldn't need more than a big 3 and a good battery under the hood.
Offtopic, but you dont think I'd need an additional battery? I have a 150 amp alternator stock, yellow top under the hood, and I was going to put a kinetik 1800 in the back. Mathematically, it would seem that I should need an additional battery and really an upgraded alternator. I know the system won't be running at full tilt all the time, but should a 1500 watt amp theoretically use up ~100 amps itself? Then I have a sundown 100.2. I realize that is not alot, but it's some.

No I wouldn't think you would. You MIGHT... but I wouldn't think so. I have a stock 70a alt, and my oem battery, with only a big 3 upgrade done for electrical. I've got an eD 9.1 and 9.4 running for a combined 1500w @ 12v. These are also pretty inefficient amps, and I have no voltage problems or dimming problems.

The Sundown amps are known for their efficiency, and you're running a bit more power than me, with a better battery and over twice as strong of an alternator.

Everybody's car is different, so you can never know until you try it, but I think you'll be ok with a big 3. I've heard the yellow-tops aren't really ideal for car audio, so maybe just put the Kinetic under the hood? Either way, I wouldn't really be concerned with running an extra battery in the back. Maybe at the most a little HC600 or something in the back. That's just my input though, maybe someone else will know more about how your car does with bigger systems and what not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.