Box for 2 sa-10s

sgresham
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I need some quick help on this. I purchased two d4 sundown sa-10s that will be pushed by a sundown 1500d. These are going in an Infiniti G37 coupe, which has the smallest trunk in the world. I wanted to to a ported enclosure, but it is getting really tough. The specs say that I need 1-1.5 cubes per sub for ported before displacement. Right now, all I am really able to get out of the trunk is about 2 cubes before displacement. Knowing this, would it be better sealing the SA-10s, or should I just go ported, knowing that I won't be able to get the minimum recommendations out of this box? Basically, would a ported box smaller than spec still outperform a sealed box that is a bit larger than recs off of a 1500d?

I know he did but he may be able to trade them and get some cash he wants what will work best his best bet would be to up cone area to a single 12 with the space he has avaialbe.

I am wondering if your trunk is any smaller than my Jetta trunk. I will be running 2 SA-10s off of a SAX-1200D. I just recieved my box blueprints from PWK.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am having the box built by a shop here. I'm not sure if the G37 trunk is any smaller than the jetta trunk, but it is tiny. On top of that, there are crazy angles in there. The shop has done a great drop trying to use every bit of useable space, but all they can get out of it is 2 cubes. They could get more, but then the subs and ports would basically be all the way to the rear of the car, then it would be tough to get the amps in there. Two things are really important to me with this build. First of all, of course sound is important. I want them to be as loud as possible for the install. Secondly, looks is important to me. I want a clean box, nice amp rack, etc.

I'm thinking, if they have 2 cubes, they will only have, what, like .8 after displacement? If that is the case, is that just a no go for porting the 10s? Additionally, will I lose a ton of output sealing them?

If I did the single 10 ported I would probably need to send one of these back for a D2. The subs I have are D4. I just had a single RE SE 10 in the back running at 2 ohms off of the 1500D, and I didnt think it was loud enough. That box was sealed though. Would there be a noticeable difference with the SA-10 ported?

I would have gone with 2 or 3 SA-8s or one SA-12 with that kind of space available.

by going smaller you will loose flatness and low end response but should still be louder than sealed. If all you are talking is the displacement of the subs then id go for it. i mean your talking 2^ft vs 1.8^ft, the f3 on those subs are so low id doubt you would notice the difference in low end. now if the port hasn't been taking into account ether i would start to rethink your set up. Bottom line you wont be getting the most out of them but would most likely be getting more than sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.