box for 2 hdc3 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Notloud00
10+ year member

Quiet
Everywhere
does this sound like a loud box that could stand up to around 5kw daily?

4.25 cubes, 3 4" REAL aero ports tuned around 35-36hz. double baffle front, back, left and right plates. 2 dowel rods going up and down, one steel rod in between subs, one in middle of box going back to front, one in the middle of ports (they will be in like a 3 triangle type deal lol) fiber glass resin on the inside and those threaded locking screws to hold the subs in.

sound like a loud box? this is for a trunk car BTW. lakota, thor any improvements i can make on this design? power will eventually be 2 gp3ks one for now tho.

You could tune it a little higher, 38-40 maybe even higher if its not just daily.
its just daily, the one we have now is around the same specs just a slot and no bracing and peaks around 35 and plays almost perfectly flat to 40 sumthin hz so i think ittle be fine tuned like that and i can always shorten the ports.

yeah they get loud for me. Hell I know they like high tuning but 40hz was too high for my liking, I was even debating about making it 36hz but I made a good choice.

how about 4 aeros!!!!! more port area!!!!
if does he has to make the box bigger if he wants to stay at the tuning he wants

but i am with the other guys usually your car peaks 10hz higher than your box tuning so if your tuning at 36 your peaking at 46. thats some cars now not all cars some other cars are different but thats how mine is.

if does he has to make the box bigger if he wants to stay at the tuning he wants but i am with the other guys usually your car peaks 10hz higher than your box tuning so if your tuning at 36 your peaking at 46. thats some cars now not all cars some other cars are different but thats how mine is.
my box was tuned to around 35 and peaked at 35 at the headrest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.