box done....

808stang
10+ year member

sup everyone....

well i started on my box awhile back and I just finished it, I made a box for my 10w6v2 which will be in the spare tire area for my 87 mustang...

I also did door panels, well speaker pods i think you called them??

but any ways on to the pics.....

1. fiberglass..

_P011944-1.jpg

_P011946-1.jpg

2. wood with sub...

_P011965-1.jpg

3. finished product...

53d5518f.jpg

c7960e12.jpg

compartment area...

_P012090.jpg

4. door panels

with rage filler.... i think i did two coates of filler??

_P011986-1.jpg

_P011991-1.jpg

_P011995.jpg

what you guys think.....

here is the car .....

side2.jpg

NEAT.

i LIKE

god bless:bowdown: fiberglassing, save so much space, and looks so freakin neat

i like the compartement space, well thought:D

P.S

btw, wut texture u put over the wood on door and trunk instead of painting/carpeting?

thanks for your comments....

it was my first time doing fiberglass, i planed on doing it before but was scared to do it... but it was kinda fun, now im like what else can i make :)

I used vinyl to cover the doors and trunk box, i though abt painting it.... i have to fix the compartment cover and the carpet around the box, dunno if im gonna do carprt or ust cut more wood and vinyl it??

it was my first time doing fiberglass, i planed on doing it before but was scared to do it... but it was kinda fun, now im like what else can i make :)

I used vinyl to cover the doors and trunk box, i though abt painting it.... i have to fix the compartment cover and the carpet around the box, dunno if im gonna do carprt or ust cut more wood and vinyl it??
I keep threatening to start my first project which will also be a wheel well install for two 12's. That is suposed to get me warmed up to do my doors then my rear deck. I hope I do as nice a job. Why didn't you counter sink the sub? Just curious, it would protect it better in the rear hatch area.

I am probably being to ambitious with my first fg job but I am going to try and mount my subs up and away from the floor angling towards the rear corners. Fleecing, matting and cutting all in one project!

Great job on your first one. Cant wait to see more of your work!

I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet. Hopefull you are going to get some sort of grill on that beast if you are going to keep stuff back there. I got a small ding in my 8200 because a soda can fell on it while it was playing =\

Oh yea, very very nice install too.

yup, ordered my grill, it should be in this friday or sat.... and I made that little compartment so I can put other things in it like my lug wrench etc...

(Why didn't you counter sink the sub? Just curious, it would protect it better in the rear hatch area. ) - I wanted to but the sub was just alittle to big for the spare tire area... I had to raise it up alittle, but all in all it was fine.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.