Box Cosmetics

I had my box sprayed with Rhino liner, my box is about 5 cubic feet. and it cost 137 dollars tax and all. I think it turned out great, although it smelled for about 2 weeks....lol

Well all sarcasm aside, i have tried the spray can of bed liner like from wal mart and was nothing but frustrated with the results. there is some bad pictures of it in the gallery:

http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12540

And the stuff doesnt go far at all, i used 3 cans just on the front of my box and the stuff isnt cheap! i just did the front and used black spray paint on the rest, it may not look to good, but it is my first box, so oh well. But here is where i went wrong:

i srayed it on at first to thick and it started to not look level, so in a panic i grabbed somthin and started to smear it around to get it to look flat, and succeded part way but then i had places where you could tell what happened, but by that time it was drying and i was sol. so if your gonna try it i might suggest getting it by the gallon and using a roller or something cuase its like 17 bucks a can for the spray stuff i think, and a can will cover about half of one side of your box with 3 coats. getting the box all ready and taking it to a bedliner installer might be the best bet, and prolly cheaper, and more durable, and itll look better, ant theyll match colors, ah hell, why didnt i do that?

Where do you live by the way if its too small of a town there might not be anyone that does it just start callin around.

Well all sarcasm aside, i have tried the spray can of bed liner like from wal mart and was nothing but frustrated with the results. there is some bad pictures of it in the gallery:
http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12540

And the stuff doesnt go far at all, i used 3 cans just on the front of my box and the stuff isnt cheap! i just did the front and used black spray paint on the rest, it may not look to good, but it is my first box, so oh well. But here is where i went wrong:

i srayed it on at first to thick and it started to not look level, so in a panic i grabbed somthin and started to smear it around to get it to look flat, and succeded part way but then i had places where you could tell what happened, but by that time it was drying and i was sol. so if your gonna try it i might suggest getting it by the gallon and using a roller or something cuase its like 17 bucks a can for the spray stuff i think, and a can will cover about half of one side of your box with 3 coats. getting the box all ready and taking it to a bedliner installer might be the best bet, and prolly cheaper, and more durable, and itll look better, ant theyll match colors, ah hell, why didnt i do that?

Where do you live by the way if its too small of a town there might not be anyone that does it just start callin around.
It doesn't look to bad. Not bad for you first box, good job.

On the serious side what about laminate ? They sell all different kinds wood grain, metallic, etc. It's pretty easy to use. A little contact cement, And use a router to trim it up clean around the edges. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much would Carpet be for something like this? Has hole cut out now. have to to sand down edges where we drilled holes throw so Jigsaw could cut proper.

Pict0003.JPG

Depending upon the type of carpet probably in the realm of $20-$25. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my friend and i are gonna custom fit my box to my car now. were gonna make it so it fits in flush and snug. the cars with fiberglass built boxes are off the hook.

YA No what? Diamond plating would look filthy!

On the serious side what about laminate ? They sell all different kinds wood grain, metallic, etc. It's pretty easy to use. A little contact cement, And use a router to trim it up clean around the edges. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I saw a box with carbon fiber laminate, and it looked kickass. The sheets he used to do it were expensive, but I've seen fake stuff that's like a big sticker that would work and be easy to cut and apply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.