Box Build -- white Kerfed port

bassman3
10+ year member

Box Designer & Fabricator
Oregon
Here is an enclosure I finished for a customer for his Rl-15. Has kerfed port and black carpet. Havent had time to post up pictures on here in a while because of how busy i'v been, but figured that people like kerfed ports //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

equws1.jpg

15i5box.jpg

e9brzp.jpg

1pz85j.jpg

k3u6o0.jpg

11hvxgx.jpg

Like always, if you would like a quote on a great priced enclosure or if you just have a question. Feel free to shoot me an email through my website DL Designz

Dustin

They are .5" apart and there is about 1/16" of material left on the kerfs.
To help out with that...This is the standard, it normally only changes if the wood is a poor quality or if the bend you need is more/less of a curve.

Looks good btw.

To help out with that...This is the standard, it normally only changes if the wood is a poor quality or if the bend you need is more/less of a curve.
Looks good btw.
There is no "standard" for kerfs. I change it up on every enclosure that I do with kerfed ports. Some customers like a larger radius and some like smaller radius's. It just depends..

and RAM, not sure what you mean but i assume you mean that this looks like another enclosure lol I havent been on the forums too much.. BTW i need to talk to you.

and RAM, not sure what you mean but i assume you mean that this looks like another enclosure lol I havent been on the forums too much.. BTW i need to talk to you.
It looks similar to an "audition" design that I heard about a while ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hit me up on the chat if you need anything, I'll add you as a friend.

It looks similar to an "audition" design that I heard about a while ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Hit me up on the chat if you need anything, I'll add you as a friend.
oh oh oh... yep... thats it haha

Do you put anything(glue/sealant) on the inside of the kerfed corner to reinforce it?
Iam thinking of building one for my self.
Alot of people do put resin or some sort of glue on the inside of the kerfs to better the strength of the radius. But most people do not do kerfs correctly. Alot of people just put a bunch of kerfs (around 20+) so they can just bend it. This means that there are open kerfs which should definitely be filled... This works fine, but not every kerf is "closing" and "bending" against eachother, which is what gives the kerfed radius the main strength. So for mine, since I have a formula to calculate exactly where to start and end the kerfs, I do not need to add resin. (as you can see in my 2nd pic -- there are no openings) and it's so strong, that I cant even bend it and break the board with the hands. A long description haha sorry.. email or shoot me a PM if you have any other questions bud.

Dustin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.