Mazda 3 small project

woodsball_delig
10+ year member

Car: 2007 mazda 3 .. would take pics but its covered in salt and snow

On its way is a 1223d alpine type r

car is already run with 4 awg, currently running off the stock deck and LOC however should be getting a deck soon

Box building begins, designed by RAM for 2.1 cft tuned at 32hz.

wood all cut and doing some pre test fitting

IMG_0313.jpg

45's cut for corners and back cured

IMG_0314.jpg

sides cured

IMG_0315.jpg

port wall glued and curing over night

IMG_0316.jpg

45's curing over night

IMG_0317.jpg

will update as progress continues, first week back in final year of university so I am a busy guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sedan? I have a 2008.5 3 Touring hatch and I love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Could be a little faster but other than that its perfect for me. How you like your car dude?

yeah for sure, my buddy has an older one with a loud *** old school competition system. i dont know the exact specs but I know it pounds ridiculous to the point where I didnt really want to be in the car. he only sound deadened the trunk lid and his is good. however I might take off the back plastic piece under the rear glass and put something in there to fill the space and stop the rattle... it will be a process as again I'm a student and budget will come as I can (I need some new rims too... looking at the AME tracer FS-01's in black)

ryan, no progress yet. everythings set up just waiting till my dad has free time to help me with the router for the circle. once i cut that it's time to load it.

does anyone have any ideas for where to mount the amp??!?!? Thats my worry right now

well... snowday tomorrow and I decided tonight was the night to get some work done. Tired of waiting to get a circle cutter for the router, so I busted out the jigsaw.

never used one before...did 2 practice cuts on spare wood and then did the real deal. turned out perfect. then i sanded her nice and smooth... next step is I have to decide about screws. thinking about not using wood screws so that I can remove the sub whenever without worrying about the mdf boring out too much over time.

pictures of the sub and some first time jigsawing

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

the GT's are pretty sweet looking. Only thing I'd suggest especially with the sedans as I have experience with these before they rattle like crazy! So your probably going to want to sound deaden at some point lol
Lol....

it will be a process as again I'm a student and budget will come as I can (I need some new rims too... looking at the AME tracer FS-01's in black)
Doesnt exactly go with being on a budget dude lol But either way, excellent choice in wheels...

Anyways, it looks good so far dude. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sexy enclosure, nice job on the box build.
thanks. still gotta get the bracing on and the top...then i think im going to run it unfinished like this until the spring. then ill get the flush mount going and put a finish on the box. just unsure of how i want to finish it right now.

heading to hd to get t nuts

t nuts installed... put a little PL under them just so that they dont budge ever. 8 t-nuts, then #10x32x1" bolts. gotta the sub in and test fitted...everythings perfect!

just a couple more steps and shes ready for some winter beating. still need to glue front wall down/portwall and bracing. then caulking and terminals

IMG_0340.jpg

either or... either way i have to fill all the cracks so it really makes no difference to me. ill use whatever is optimal

cant finish it today, still need to get the speaker terminals. will be done this week tho for sure.

pretty much finished it tonight. took the router and rounded the edges on the port walls. got the bracing/front/port wall all glued together and clamped... day off school tomorrow so ill be finishing her up. just need to order speaker terminals and shes ready for winter (not gonna wrap it or put the flush mount on till spring)

pics

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.