Box Build: The Elephant Box

we finally got the network running again, but unfortunately i cant see the pics again... i will look at them tonight. glad to here it is still going well
Sounds good man. Im glad I was able to get back to this one. It takes up a lot of space in the shop... and it's not the easiest thing to move around.... LOL

Yea, didnt work yesterday because of the super bowl. Even I need some days off now and again, LOL. Should get a decent amount done on it tonight for you.

Tonight, I got the second inner flare put in, as well as all the bracing cut. Should go together pretty quick now...

JayFergusson025.jpg

JayFergusson026.jpg

JayFergusson027.jpg

JayFergusson028.jpg

JayFergusson029.jpg

very very nice craftsmanship. i see you got that double layered flair mastered. i do not like the design though. all the bracing and the double layering is excessive. a lot of hours went into this box.... now all you need to finish it off is 3 layers of resin:)

very very nice craftsmanship. i see you got that double layered flair mastered. i do not like the design though. all the bracing and the double layering is excessive. a lot of hours went into this box.... now all you need to finish it off is 3 layers of resin:)
Thanks, I wouldnt say Ive go the double flare mastered... I still have no idea how to calculate it... LOL.

As for the design, I know its excessive. Jay knows this as well. Nothing wrong with overkill. IMO, we would have been fine with single layer, double baffle, and the bracing we used. But why be normal? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As far as resin.... I dont see how it adds any strength whatsoever... All I think it would do, is seal it up. But layers of resin, over flat areas, do nothing for structure.

Thanks, I wouldnt say Ive go the double flare mastered... I still have no idea how to calculate it... LOL.
As for the design, I know its excessive. Jay knows this as well. Nothing wrong with overkill. IMO, we would have been fine with single layer, double baffle, and the bracing we used. But why be normal? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As far as resin.... I dont see how it adds any strength whatsoever... All I think it would do, is seal it up. But layers of resin, over flat areas, do nothing for structure.
not if you mix something into the resin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

as far as calculating the flares..... Theta * Radius = Arc Length......it can get very close but not perfect because the flare is not perfectly round. maybe when i am bored i will come up with a more accurate formula for 1/8'' table saw blades.

well said my friend... resin just isnt my thing. and if i wanted a box that was "typical" i would have got a hold of Mark Potts and had him overcharge me an arm and a leg for a far inferior design. I chose BJ because his work is as Damm close to perfect as i have ever seen, and he is willing to do WHATEVER the customer asks for... he is the epitome of a good business man.

well said my friend... resin just isnt my thing. and if i wanted a box that was "typical" i would have got a hold of Mark Potts and had him overcharge me an arm and a leg for a far inferior design. I chose BJ because his work is as Damm close to perfect as i have ever seen, and he is willing to do WHATEVER the customer asks for... he is the epitome of a good business man.
EXACTLY. Alot of designers would have said "F You" to the idea of the logo brace on my box, and the sheer idea of Nineball's box, but BJ took the idea and ran with it and made a better enclosure that ANYONE else could have. I will NEVER do business with other than BJ Fisher and the Fisher Customs crew EVER again.

not if you mix something into the resin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
as far as calculating the flares..... Theta * Radius = Arc Length......it can get very close but not perfect because the flare is not perfectly round. maybe when i am bored i will come up with a more accurate formula for 1/8'' table saw blades.
No need to calculate it when you can draw it. If you take the outside edge and run it to the center of the circle that the flare is a part of, you can get the spacing. All you really need to know is that 10 cuts will get you 90*.

EXACTLY. Alot of designers would have said "F You" to the idea of the logo brace on my box, and the sheer idea of Nineball's box, but BJ took the idea and ran with it and made a better enclosure that ANYONE else could have. I will NEVER do business with other than BJ Fisher and the Fisher Customs crew EVER again.
my thoughts exactly... and the prices that BJ asks are WAY MORE than reasonable!!!

waaaaaaaaaaay too much work for some bump, nicely done work;), but wayyy to much cutting and measuring and glueing and .....................when a straigh ahead ported box woulda done,

imo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you know how it goes, 3 weeks after its all installed it will be swapped out for some funky pups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.