Box build questions for an experienced n00b coming back from 2005 lol

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jper

Hello everyone. I am brand new to this forum and Im hoping for some great responses. Ive been out of the car audio game for almost 7 years now due to just having brand new vehicles and leases. I either was very pleased with the factory sound or had a lease where I couldn’t touch it. I now have a winter ride that I plan to do some upgrades to and Im turning to what looks to be one of the biggest forums for this stuff. Please guide me in the right direction!!!

I will also make an intro post with previous builds from back in like 2000-2005!

Vehicle : 1998 Chevy Blazer ZR2

Location in the vehicle: Hatch

Space available (Length x Width x Height):

Subwoofer make and model: Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer Size: 15”

Number of Subwoofers: 2,3 or even 4

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Sealed

What type of music do you like?: Rap/Hip Hop and EDM

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: SPL

Tuning Freq (Hz): 33?

Volume :

Questions: My question is this – I am looking to go as big as possible for as cheap as possible. I know this probably comes up 100 times a month on the forums but here’s my goal.. I’m having a friendly competition with a co-worker on a system build. My goal is to get some wicked bass and a complete setup for as “cheap” as possible while he is going for bigger name brand items. We want to see who has the “better” system when all is said and done and then compare receipts. A close friend of mine has been running the above mentioned subwoofers for over 4 years and has not had one problem and I must say they SLAM. He has two 15’s in a sealed box in a 2007 Honda Civic Si so minimal trunk space compared to what I plan to do and expect even better results with a larger box and more air flow in my blazer. I am torn between two or three or heck, even 4 since the price is so low for the subs! I need advice on box size. I know the basics on sq footage per sub and don’t want to underpower them in a too small box.

Here is what I found online about the subs Ive mentioned:

Product Specifications

Nominal Diameter15"Power Handling (max)2000 Watts

Impedance4+4 ohmsSensitivity89 dB 1W/1m

Voice Coil Diameter2.5"Magnet Weight200 oz.

Thiele-Small Parameters

Resonant Frequency (Fs)30 HzMechanical Q (Qms)5

Electromagnetic Q (Qes)0.9Total Q (Qts)0.75

Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas)6.02 ft.³

Materials of Construction

Cone MaterialPaperSurround MaterialFoam

Voice Coil FormerKapton® / PolyimideBasket / Frame MaterialSteel

Magnet MaterialFerrite

Mounting Information

Overall Outside Diameter15.8"Baffle Cutout Diameter14.6"

Depth9"# Mounting Holes8

Optimum Cabinet Size (determined using BassBox 6 Pro High Fidelity suggestion)

Sealed Volume 13.04 ft.³ Sealed F3 33 Hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.