box build for tpmeredith

Thanks, I do fell very lucky to have her. She is understanding to say the least.
On a side note, she did have me teach her how to build/design an enclosure. She then designed and built her own with no help (I was in meetings all day) for a 15" sub that she now uses every day.
This info demands pics of said woman.

Got it in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Looks nice, with how thick the **** rubber ring is on the mojo took a little finnicking to get it to fit flush but got it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sounds a looot better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got it in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Looks nice, with how thick the **** rubber ring is on the mojo took a little finnicking to get it to fit flush but got it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sounds a looot better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You can blame Memphis for that. I used what they told me and added an 1/8th..LOL

Glad you like, get some pics of everything installed...perhaps a video?

Nice. How much of a pain is it to pack boxes like that?
2ft^3 is easy as ****. now in the 4-6ft^3 range now where talking getting creative with cardboard.

box looks good ONYL thing i would have done is painted a 3/4" trim around the port so eventually the carpet right on the port lip does not lift up and look like a loose vag haha. BUT all said and done the customer will love the box. good job

like this:

102_5449.jpg

You can blame Memphis for that. I used what they told me and added an 1/8th..LOL
add 5/16 next time to the circle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif the carpet thickness

Ya I gotta clean up this install first, i'd be embarrassed if i put a video up right now, its not horrible but not good enough for me yet

One corner was a "little" scraped from shipping but it was bottom in back, not worried about it all, other than that it held up great, solid box

Lol ya, the ring is definitely not your fault, kind've glad it was that snug though

Between the box and the sub it weighs at least 100lb lol, at least if it ever gets stolen I can know to look at the hospital for someone with a slipped disc

I was going to change up around the port, but with rounding over that edge and .the glue I use I have not heard to many people complain about the carpet coming up. Of course now that I said that, it will happen a crap ton now. LOL I used to use the staple gun and hold em that way.

Yea, I add the 1/8 for carpet and that normally works out fine. However, it would appear it was off a tad this time.

I seen a guy carring a 9918 DD down the road one day. I called the popo on him as I knew it was stolen...funny as hell, dude just had the sub and walked about a block and looked like he had already ran a marathon haha....When I talked with my buddy who had it stolen, he said that guy that stole it didn't even have a car and didn't know what it was other then a big sub.

I was going to change up around the port, but with rounding over that edge and .the glue I use I have not heard to many people complain about the carpet coming up. Of course now that I said that, it will happen a crap ton now. LOL I used to use the staple gun and hold em that way.
Yea, I add the 1/8 for carpet and that normally works out fine. However, it would appear it was off a tad this time.

I seen a guy carring a 9918 DD down the road one day. I called the popo on him as I knew it was stolen...funny as hell, dude just had the sub and walked about a block and looked like he had already ran a marathon haha....When I talked with my buddy who had it stolen, he said that guy that stole it didn't even have a car and didn't know what it was other then a big sub.
just saying./ at ONE POINT the glue will fail or someone will rub it and just pull it up a little then start it into a large section of flabby carpet haha. try it the way i stated and you will notice its easier to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif alos if you rabbet the edges it will make for an extremely quick carpet job. also look cleaner AND you can still use a flush trim bt for the small imperfections

Yea, I normally rabbit the ends, but my bit broke about 4 weeks ago. Stupid sears has yet to get me my knew one..they be slackers over there.

I have had the carpet come up on a few a long time ago, but my wife did her box about a year ago the same way this one is and it holds fine..then again she don't toss it around other then when we go on vacations. I understand what your saying though. Having tools fall apart do to over use makes you alter what you do from time to time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.