Box Build and 18" BTL Recone for PoSic

MikeyB
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Addict ®
H-Town, MI
Scott came by today for a little update. Put a fresh recone in his BTL and made a new box with a pair of aeros. Its right about ~6.5cuft tuned to 38Hz with both ports, plug one and the tuning goes down to about ~29hz. The Sundown will now be ran down at .5ohm.

Slackin on the pics during the process of everything since I didnt grab the camera till we started putting everything in.

btl18001.jpg

btl18002.jpg

btl18003.jpg

btl18004.jpg

btl18005.jpg

btl18006.jpg

btl18007.jpg

btl18008.jpg

btl18009.jpg

btl18010.jpg

I don't like the sub and port configuration, I think it's very inefficient. Not that it won't still be VERY loud, just not optimal. Box looks great and so does the install in general. Great jorb!

I don't like the sub and port configuration, I think it's very inefficient. Not that it won't still be VERY loud, just not optimal. Box looks great and so does the install in general. Great jorb!
Well the sub has to be pointed up, the only thing is the ports

can be pointing back instead of inside, PioneerSaturn had that

set up and it seemed loud. So you don't like his port position?

If you were to seal the ports facing into the cabin, you'd gain a good amount of SPL. The way it is now with it kind of halfway through the seat fold all the pressure coming out the port is just escaping back into the trunk.

Well the sub has to be pointed up, the only thing is the portscan be pointing back instead of inside, PioneerSaturn had that

set up and it seemed loud. So you don't like his port position?
I'm sure it's hella loud. Just having a sub facing up and the ports forward in a trunk car does waste a ton of energy. I'm just saying I would have gone a different route. I'm sure it's still loud as fawk with that amp and sub, there's no way it's not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dam PoSic has fallen victim to that "no freeway side of town" known as Mikey's house lol j/p

Good **** Mikey....How does those aeros sound v.s normal ports...Been thing for a while now about getting another box built for the BTL w/ aeros if it would produce more output...

Sub up was obviously the only way to go given the space and the options we had for the build. Fired the ports inside since I didnt want to stick the sub directly under the rear deck with only a couple inches above it. I did recommend to him that we seal up the port side of the box as I think it would help a good bit.

The aeros are bomb as hell, havent had a chance to hear the setup yet but hes bringing it by today so I can fine tune it for him.

VIDS FTW MIKEY!

Let me know how that **** sounds v.s. your old set up. i may be considering doing somethin simular to this in the near future...

Sub up was obviously the only way to go given the space and the options we had for the build. Fired the ports inside since I didnt want to stick the sub directly under the rear deck with only a couple inches above it. I did recommend to him that we seal up the port side of the box as I think it would help a good bit.
The aeros are bomb as hell, havent had a chance to hear the setup yet but hes bringing it by today so I can fine tune it for him.
Won't sealing up the box around the trunk opening be a bad idea? Then you're only getting half of the wave or something like that. I'm no expert on the subject, but I can't imagine that being a good idea, isolating the port from the sub.

Won't sealing up the box around the trunk opening be a bad idea? Then you're only getting half of the wave or something like that. I'm no expert on the subject, but I can't imagine that being a good idea, isolating the port from the sub.
Im sure leaving everything the way it is and doing it wouldnt help at all, maybe if the back deck was opened up a little but only one way to find out.

It really doesnt need anything, its plenty loud as is. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.