Bowling Ball Paint

home made
1278266330_l.jpg
That dont look too bad...

Actually, bowling ball/marble is not airbrush. Usually how it is done (coming from working at a paint shop) is you spray your base coats and while they are still tacky/wet you take a large sheet of masking plastic and stick it to the entire surface you want the effect on, you then peel it off and let the base dry. Then add you clear and presto.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Hmm that seems pretty easy. I would guess you have to do the whole car in sections?

Hmm that seems pretty easy. I would guess you have to do the whole car in sections?
No not necessarily, we have big rolls of plastic we use to mask off cars so you can just pull one large sheet over the vehicle (or part your painting) and then peel it off. This way you get one continuous pattern with no lines or breaks.

No not necessarily, we have big rolls of plastic we use to mask off cars so you can just pull one large sheet over the vehicle (or part your painting) and then peel it off. This way you get one continuous pattern with no lines or breaks.
O I C.... YGPM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Candy isn't a technique, it's a translucent paint - more like a dye, really.

Use it over a basecoat to achieve the desired effect; Like if you paint a black car with red candy, you're not gonna get that candy-apple red you wanted. Paint a silver one with candy though, and you get a nice metallic red with great depth.

There are chemicals that crackle to get the effect seen on that PC case; I can't remember the name of the chemical.

The wildest paint systems in the world come from Alsa - www.alsacorp.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.