bought new subs on advise from some folks, help with finalizing setup pls.

Participant count
  • Participant list

magnus28
10+ year member

Canada
Change of plan ;-)

I am a noob, but I DO listen...

upon all of your advise, I brought back the crappy Scosche Subs,

And I went into an Audio Shop, and I was going to buy a 10" Clarion that was rated 400 watts RMS for $100. I told the guy i'd think about it, and went to another Audio shop and told the guy I was broke and wanted something a little better for the same budget. Het told me he would do me a favor and sold me a display model that was just screwed in, but never hooked up. I managed to get a 10" Kicker that is rated @ 300 watts RMS. (4 ohm single coil)

So my plan is to keep the scosche 281 watt rms amp, and bridge the 2 channels in 4ohm to the 10" kicker. so I will have the full 281 watts pumping the kicker, and i'm gonna buy a top end LOC that has I think he said 4 something pre out? can't remember what he said it does, but he said it was like having a smaller garden hose, then replacing it with a larger garden hose to provide more wattage coming into the amp, and more going out to the speaker.

Did I do good? or should I have bought the clarion?

next question is how will the LOC patch into my system? I plan on fixing it next to my amp (in the hatch) and then running it to the rear speakers? or head unit? I think this one has a remote turn on that will activate the amp when it detects imput on the speakers... But does this mean that I don't have to run anything to the H.U.?

thx in advance

yes a line converter means you dont have to run anything from the hu you will have to splice it into your rear speaker wire though what model is your amp? youll need to run the remote wire to something that turns on when you turn your cars electrical system on in order for it to work its not hard and the wire for that is very small. the kicker and the clarion are both huge upgrades from the scosche subs.

his analogy is screwed up, but you only need a LOC if you have a factory head unit and the amp lacks high level inputs.

David Navone Engineering makes some of the best LOC's available and they feature an auto turn-on as well.

amp has high level imputs.

Just talked to an installer, he said run the remote wire to the Line Output Converter, and patch the speaker wires to the left+right rear, and that's all I need to do.

he even said I could even try patching into the left only and it should work as left channel usually carries the sub frequency.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

this is the output converter i'm using - it does it all!

Cache CLOC+D (CLOCD) Line Output Converter w/ Line Driver

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.