bought an amp from ebay, how can i test if it's working?

musak99
10+ year member

i don't have wires or anything setup in my own car. don't much about car audio either, but i'd like to find out if this amp is functional or not, so i can return product if it's broken. how would i go in doing this?

it's an orion xtr300

75w x 2 @ 4 ohms,

150w x 2 @ 2 ohms,

300w x 1 @ 4 ohms.

Requires two 15 ATC fuses.

Continuously variable high or low pass crossovers from 45Hz to 5kHz.

8 guage power and ground.

16 guage speaker.

really i can connect it to my computer SAFELY?

i built my computer so that wouldn't be a problem at all

just the plug that it put into devices like the hd or the cd-roms?

and this is SAFE? worried because there is no ground wire which apparenly u need?

um. how about putting it in your CAR like you are SUPPOSED to?

if you dont understand how to hook it to a computer - then please dont try. you cant just start plugging wires into stuff. so thats a big no.

take a little speaker wire, connect the power and remote together and touch the positive post on a battery and the ground to the negitive. U should see the power light on the amp come. that it least tells u if it will power up.

Just take it to a shop and spend the $25 or so to have it properly tested. Cause even if it comes on, it doesn't mean it's actually functioning correctly.

Thank guys for your input, but I found someone who knows car audio who tested it out for free. I guess he enjoyed it and it looked that way. Anyways, the amp's in good condition and all is well =) thanks

Just take it to a shop and spend the $25 or so to have it properly tested. Cause even if it comes on, it doesn't mean it's actually functioning correctly.
are you serious...hell no i wouldnt pay $25 just to test it out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.