Boston vs. Focal

mtu_jeep
10+ year member

Michigan
I'm looking at the new Polyglass line of Focal's vs. the Boston Pro's. I'm going with a 4" component up front, and coax in the rear. Anyone have any thoughts on which one's to go with? I know there are many fans of Focal... Is it worth nearly twice as much to go with the Boston Pro's?

I personally think that most of Focal's products are overpriced, just like JL's. I like Boston a lot, but that's alos my oppinion. If you have a chance to, find a retailer near you and compare both side by side if possible. Speakers are mainly personal choice, and what may sound good to me, may sound like **** to you. You may decide that after listening to Focal and Boston that you don't like the way either of them sound, and that you actually like some MA Audio stuff better; it's mainly personal preference. But, IMO, the Boston's are a much better buy.

Originally posted by ws140 why not get 6.5" components they will sound better.
I've got a jeep so I can only fit 4" up front and 5.25" in the rear. I know it is mostly personal preference but I don't have any Focal dealers in my area... I've heard the Bostons twice at two different dealers and wasn't that impressed. I like the JL XR series better than the bostons, they sounded clearer and more midbass...

hi! everybody

I am a worker of Focal company. My company is in Vietnam. Our company is about Focal products on car. I think that the prices of Focal products are not so expensive. But you know the quality of the sound is very wonderful. we have four main generations of Focal products. They are: Access 1, Polyglass, K2 Power and Utopia Be. Of course, the lastest generation is much better and more expensive than the former ones. We have the file of our catalogue, the prices of our products....maybe anything you care about our products. we are ready to share them for you.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

@ tranmypt45 Hey is this KP or Nam? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif nice to see you on here man.. are u looking for ideas to install ur next balling focal system?

Hmm i think boston makes really good comps but focal does one step further. Focal midbass is more punchy and handle very nicely. I've heard one boston pro's comps in a friend's car. I like the tweeter the midbass is good but not as natural as i want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wooooow. seems like the average IQ is dropping at an exponential rate. did anybody, oh i don't know, care to look the ORIGINAL POST DATE!?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.