Popping Sound

fpaiy

ex
Hi, I kept having this Popping sound which appears to be coming from the tweeter whenever i turn the volume up after a certain level without amp.

Now with the amp installed, the popping sound start from a lower volume.

Does it mean the speakers are unable to support or clipping has occurs( amp does not have sufficent power to power the speaker)?

Thanks.

Speaker :CDT cl-61i

Amp: Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0:4

I have the same problem on the tweets from my old SSL 3 1/2 speakers.. All I could do to fix it was turn my Treb down on my HU. Odds are the tweeter just cant handle the power.

i had the same problem with a shitty sony amp.. only did it on one channel, i thought it was the tweeter or crossover, but i tried it on a different set of speakers.. same thing.. just how the amp was.. i *heard* it has to do with the amp not being able to handle the impedance change.. but it basically sounds like the tweeter bottoming out

I have adjust the amp and it solve the problem. The bass boost have actually caused the tweeter unable to take the low frequency. Now the sound is cleaner than previously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.