Boston G5 & GTR...Any Comments?

lol get four g2's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but seriously if your onyl throwing 500 watts at em... a single g5 will take that (even a single g2 would come close) and youll need a better amp to run both to their full potiential

I have the 2 mtx 7500's but i want to sell them and get the bostons. what do u think of this idea?
and etac id rather get just 1 good sub then 2 ok ones. i know g2s are still good but id rather just use 1 g5 and then upgrade to 2 g5's later when i get more money
This sounds like a reasonable approach, as long as your not expecting

1 g5 to be louder than your 2 mtx's.

This sounds like a reasonable approach, as long as your not expecting1 g5 to be louder than your 2 mtx's.
yeah but dont u think the g5 and gtr will be almost as loud? because im only running my mcd500 amp half way pushing both subs cuz i dont want to risk clipping my amp and damaging my subs or amp

the boston subs are pretty efficient so will get loud on little power... but also dont forget if you plan on adding another later.. and you gotta make you sure you match coils with your final setup and your final amp, otherwise you're gonna run into problems later

the boston subs are pretty efficient so will get loud on little power... but also dont forget if you plan on adding another later.. and you gotta make you sure you match coils with your final setup and your final amp, otherwise you're gonna run into problems later
yeah i planned on getting the same g5 and gtr with the same box and either another 1 of my amps or just get a bigger amp and run both subs off of it.

and use a dmm to set the gains, you can get one for like $15 at radioshack...

memphis makes very good amps (not chea) but very good.. im sure it probalyt does more than rated power.. so stop setting the gain by hand, you can probaly get more out of it

yeah but dont u think the g5 and gtr will be almost as loud? because im only running my mcd500 amp half way pushing both subs cuz i dont want to risk clipping my amp and damaging my subs or amp
It may very well be just as loud with the PR, but in reality, I could not tell

you with any certainty. Certainly 2 G5's and 2 GTR's should have a good

chance at being louder than the mtx's. But remember that prefab mtx box

is probably tuned very high. Your not really comparing apples to apples.

I'd say you sound ready for a change, and the g5, depending on price, is

not a bad way to go.

Boston makes excellent SQ gear, has for many years. I can see that the G5 is a good sub, but wtf is a GTR? Is it a radiator? Or what the hell?
yes, the gtr is a passive radiator, specific to the g5.

See when you do a combo like that, the g5 needs to be a 10" and the GTR needs to be a 12".
very wrong, The GTR and G5 are built to match perfectly. You do not need a 12 inch gtr on a 10 inch sub at all. Quit posting ******** all the time you have no clue about. You just repost what you have read from others on subs you have never run or even seen in person.

yeah i dont have the money for 2 g5's well i do but not to buy another amp to power the 2 g5's. any suggestions? im looking for a rly rly nice 500w sub that will be almost or as loud as my mtx's but with good sq.
and buck u have no idea what ur talking about. u use a 12 gtr with a 12 g5 and a 10 gtr with a 10 g5...
Look at Crutchfield.com.

I get the mag and noticed they have the G5's, buy one get one free.

Was thinking of doing this myself, but I don't have 350 smacks for the 10 version to do it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

They are some nice sounding subs though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.