Boston G2 15 svc 4's for 80 at sonic

THATpurpleKUSH
5,000+ posts

Fuckyou
Sonic is running a sale on the boston g2 15 svc 4 for 80 shipped

Boston Acoustics G215-4 (G2154) 15" Single 4 ohm Car Subwoofer

These usually sell for $200+

I'm considering getting one or a few to flip...

But I'm worried about their performance due to the high qts and seemingly lacking motor force

A guy on diyma made a thread about them and said it didn't perform well in 1.5 sealed, but they are all a bunch of self loathing sq-ueers over there, so I'm not sure what to make of his review, not to mention the box he used was too small, esp if the goal was flat response.

EBP on the svc 4's is in the 20s, which makes them seem suited for sealed enclosures

tsp's:

fs: 26hz

re: 3.4ohms

qms: 9.76

qes: 1.06

qts: .96

vas: 139.5 L

mms: 253.3g

cms: 147

xmax: 12.5mm

xmech: 30mm

bl: 8.88

spl: 86.4db

sd: 907 cm^2

manual: http://www.bostonacoustics.com/PDFs/manuals/G2_Man.pdf

At the very least I could just get them and hold on to them for a while.

Yea and it has half the power rating too.

Its an sq woofer, not some spl giant...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I just ordered a pair

We'll see how they do I guess....

I have never had experience with a high qts woofer

I almost snagged one myself. Hard to pass up at that price and I bet they sound **** good. I'd definitely shoot for bigger than a 1.5 cu ft box though. I can't say I've ever had a 15 that worked well or sounded good in a box that small. At least not to my ears

I almost snagged one myself. Hard to pass up at that price and I bet they sound **** good. I'd definitely shoot for bigger than a 1.5 cu ft box though. I can't say I've ever had a 15 that worked well or sounded good in a box that small. At least not to my ears
The guy on diyma said it did much better in 3.5@38, he was also sort of comparing it to a RF T2 so he obviously doesn't know what he's doing. I can probably only run 1 at a time because the enclosures will be so big. I was thinking 3-4cu/ft sealed or 4-5 in the low 30s for ported. Kind of just shooting in the dark based off my knowledge of high qts woofers needing large spaces to play flat/ish.

EBP is 24.5 so it seems like it shouldnt be ported, but BA recommends 3.5 @ 34hz with 2 4in ports.

ok i tried to PM the OP but his inbox is full. anyone else have any experience with these in a 15? i am debating doing a pair on 750rms in a jeep sealed. i can get a pair shipped for $129.95. i am aware this is an old thread.

Guy here in Tulsa runs a couple ported. The box looked around 7-8 cubes or so in a Blazer. They got pretty low and loud. Sounded good to me! He was only giving them around 600. I know cause I sold him the amp. I must've thought about running these in the wife's minivan 1,000 times. Lol! I'm sure they'd do great sealed as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.