Boss?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
I got around 1k to dish out. My priority is 2 awesome subs, next is an amp to power em.

I had to Rock 15" HL2's in mind. Good choice? If so what amp powers them nicely.

The Boss REV 2000D is actually a lanzar vibe 1200d in a different heat sink, an interesting little tid bit i learned a while back. The Lanzar OPTIDRIVE series is pretty good im told, they perform well for the money.

For subs I would suggest the ECLIPSE 8700 series, they are the series just below the aluminum subs, I owned a pair of these subs and have yet to find a sub that performs as well for the money. They hit like a mofo and play as clear as a bell.

Eclipse 8712

XMAX-18mm(1.5inch peak to peak)

RMS-300watts(will take 400)

BOX-Sealed .8 to 1.3cft

SENSITIVITY-88db

CONE-Pearl mica polypropylne

she's a good sub and cost alot less than the aluminum cone versions, i would compare it to the audiomobile MASS 12 sound wise. Stay away from the 8600 series of subs because they will blow if abused( my 8700's withstood 400watts rms each for a year with no probs, some criminals got em now I really miss those subs)

I'm running a couple of MTX thunder 8000's right now and they perform alright but they don't compare to my old Eclipses, even with an extra 200watts to each sub(1200total).

Wow, I learn something new everyday!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks for that info stones!!!

I see a big flaw in your plan. Your kick ass subs are only going to sound as good as your crappy amp. And vice versa. Like I'm sure you've heard before, your system is only as good as its weakest link. I think your best bet is to either get two good subs, and a good amp, or to wait until you have a little more money, and get great subs and a great amp. I would suggest the latter, since I've wasted too much money buying things that I didn't really want since I couldn't afford what I did want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.