Bose system problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheJuggla1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Surrey BC
This is for my friend;

He bought a JVC deck and has bose stock speakers(I dunno what the deck was, but it was pretty big, think it was bose also), I was helping install the deck, we had to solder a converter so the plug would fit into the deck(Provided by the audio shop we bought the deck from) we soldered it all correctly and we got it in but could get any sound out of the speakers.

He took it to best buy(Have no idea fing why, he didn't buy it there) and they said you have to rewire the bose system because it's wired differently then the rest and it they would do it for a couple hundred. I don't have a whole lot of experience so I dunno if it's true ?

Also his deck doesn't have any RCA(I told him to go with a different deck but he insisted on this one) what can he buy to add amps to the system? Would this fix the problem taking this route?

Get:

JVC Deck model #

Year, make, and model of car

And post back.

More than likely Bose uses a post-deck amplifier system, so you'd need to either use exisiting sending wire (if it is 18 gauge) or buy some cheapy Hitron 16 gauge (like 20$ for 100 feet) and run new wiring for your speakers. Them you'd need new speakers because more than likely Bose is running 1 or 2-ohm setups, so it will conflict with the deck which will be 4 Ohm. This is what I am having issues with while trying to work on my Firends 97 Infiniti J30.

Thanks for your help, but I'm sorry to say it was in vain. He refuses to listen and thinks best buy is the best(If I mention another store he tells me to stfu), just because its a big store, when really I think its probably the worst store to go to for this, I dunno about the rest of you guys think about best buy. I just told him take it to best buy I'm done wasting my time helping you.

He can get a special wire connector to run from the back of the CD player to the actual connector in the car where you would plug into the radio.I have the Bose system in my pathfinder and I'm about to replace the CD player with an aftermarket one and I know I talked to the people at crutchfield and they told me I could by a wire connector to run my stock speakers for the time being. If he'll listen tell him to get on crutchfield.com and use the live chat option and they'll be able to tell him what kind of connector he'll need and then he can shop around from there for the best price.

U need a special harness to intergrate the stock Bose amp. There kind of expensive but it's the only option, other than tearin out all of the Bose.

To get some RCA outputs u need a lineout converter which converts the high frequency( tap into speakers) into a low.

Get:
JVC Deck model #

Year, make, and model of car

And post back.

More than likely Bose uses a post-deck amplifier system, so you'd need to either use exisiting sending wire (if it is 18 gauge) or buy some cheapy Hitron 16 gauge (like 20$ for 100 feet) and run new wiring for your speakers. Them you'd need new speakers because more than likely Bose is running 1 or 2-ohm setups, so it will conflict with the deck which will be 4 Ohm. This is what I am having issues with while trying to work on my Firends 97 Infiniti J30.
I agree X2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.