BOSE over CDT HD-62?

APitBullT
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok for some reason im not feeling my CDT-HD62, it doesnt give me the loudness as my Escalades BOSE speakers. I have the CDT's up front and have a US AMP running them, they sound like they are maxed out at half the volume and im afraid they will pop.

is it the amp or is these speakers not as good as people make them sound out to be?

would you choose BOSE over CDT-HD62's?

please let me know as i would like to buy them and install them asap.

thanks,

Sergio

You like the Bose sound because its eq'ed to death in order to make the cheap drivers they use sound decent.

If you have some way of eq'ing your CDT's you might be surprised how much better they are than the Bose sound you remember.

what are your settings like? gain? crossover? give us EVERY detail you can. . Head Unit?
My Overland is in the shop, ill be getting it in about 2-3 hours. and ill let you know all the info.

thanks for the qucik replies

Hey I'm just one town south of you. I'm free tomorrow after like 2:30 pm. If you want I can meet up with you and take a look at your install. If you are interested shoot me an IM.

T

OK this is what i have...

-US400x amp

-CDT HD-62 speakers

-PIOAVHP5700DVD indash T.V.

this is what the amp settings have...

100Hz - High

Low

Full

and its set on "FULL"

I dont know what the gain settings are at, becuase there is no writing around it.

i would guess they are at 25%.

I dont know what the crossovers are set at becuase they are inside the doors.

i havent touched any of the EQ in the indash Tv or my iPod.

i had them installed at a car audio shop.

hope this helps.

thanks guys,

Sergio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.