Bose factory radio replacement 86 Corvette

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, all! First time posting...

I want to replace my factory Bose head unit in my 86 Corvette with a Retrosound Newport radio that I've already bought and received. Now, as some of you already know, the Bose sound system in these cars is far from normal... each of the four speaker enclosures also houses an amplifier dedicated to that speaker. The speakers are 1-ohm each and the head unit sends a pre-amp signal to each amp. Here's where my knowledge falls a little short: the Retrosound radio has pre-amps out for each channel. Why can't I simply send that signal to each of the amps and be done with it? Does the fact that the speakers are only 1-ohm affect the type of pre-amp signal coming into each amp?

Derek

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.