BnR's Silver Serve Build (CRV)

Looking very nicely done.Ive got some 12x12 ABS left over, that I could possibly use to cover up my openings.Anything is better than existing for sure.Looking good, and enjoying the Build thread:santa:

Looking very nicely done.Ive got some 12x12 ABS left over, that I could possibly use to cover up my openings.Anything is better than existing for sure.Looking good, and enjoying the Build thread:santa:
I will get those pics of the holes and what not I had to do for the wires in a bit...

Since the stock wires are ran as a plug into the door I couldnt get my Mid and Tweet wires ran through that way so I had to cut holes into the cab and doors... It was a pretty easy process I just used a step bit and then bought some tubing to act as grommet and weather protection...

Here are the holes on the cab... I figured right next to the plug was a good place so I just went for it...

39E49939-8A8A-4F1B-B703-8611F6AEAFCB-24327-0000141798D572D1.jpg

And here they are on the door...

D3788323-B4F7-43D1-90D6-71AD7E625627-24327-000014179FC7205E.jpg

Here is the tubing and wires ran through...

1B1FDEED-8902-4608-948B-1CD0635302FA-8596-000008327C21FFF0.jpg

You can see the tubing in between the cab and doors right above the door stop...

8BF0708E-C2A5-4E17-8E27-00A5C91ED37E-8596-00000832764DC73B.jpg

They lined up about perfect to come through into the cab with the rest of the wires which is why I drilled so close to the stock plug...

06BBD906-C762-4B00-9971-9D0A224D9B94-8596-000008328EDFEF11.jpg

@audiobaun ; That should help you out man...

Yes sir It certainly does.I figured that it would be a real PITA, but doest look like it..Just a little more time consuming.i will be conducting this by myself of course:D,Make take me a couple hours for both doors, but will be worth it later on ,as always.I will be deadening the doors as well.There is quite a bit of road noise in that vehicle for sure,and I will be taking time to try to control as much as needed.Very nice Job/informative as well.I am thinking that the speakers in the existing location will fit with modifications,and thinking existing grills will not go back in place possibly.Not real sure about that one.i thank you sir:santa:

Yes sir It certainly does.I figured that it would be a real PITA, but doest look like it..Just a little more time consuming.i will be conducting this by myself of course:D,Make take me a couple hours for both doors, but will be worth it later on ,as always.I will be deadening the doors as well.There is quite a bit of road noise in that vehicle for sure,and I will be taking time to try to control as much as needed.Very nice Job/informative as well.I am thinking that the speakers in the existing location will fit with modifications,and thinking existing grills will not go back in place possibly.Not real sure about that one.i thank you sir:santa:
Its pretty easy really... I will be tackling the door panels next I think and am pretty sure I can make it so the grill stays...

Its pretty easy really... I will be tackling the door panels next I think and am pretty sure I can make it so the grill stays...
Im enjoying this build.The pics and info is very helpful.Not sure if Ill be going back to a car anytime soon.Starting to like the room of the CRV a bit more than a 2dr coupe,lol.yes, those grills may be a challenge.ill have to do some mods on the rear spkrs to get the grills back in place,.

Im enjoying this build.The pics and info is very helpful.Not sure if Ill be going back to a car anytime soon.Starting to like the room of the CRV a bit more than a 2dr coupe,lol.yes, those grills may be a challenge.ill have to do some mods on the rear spkrs to get the grills back in place,.
Appreciate it man, Im doing the best I can for my lack of fab skills like a lot of installers have... I have never liked overly complicated/flashy builds though so I guess this fits my style... I like this rig a lot a ton of room and like high 20's for milage...

Well, its coming along pretty good from what I can see.Im no saint on fab skills myself,lol.Every vehicle has its errors/limitations.My 240 sx 90model, was one of the hardest vehicles Ive ever had to wire up,Ill never do another one

Very nice... They get pretty snappy above above 3000 but I still wish it was a B20 VTEC so I could turbo it lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

FYI, It has been stated to me that a Honda Odassey alt is a 120a that will fit in /bolt in with the same plug as the CRV also.I will be getting one in the future I am sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.