Blown sub (kicker S10L7)

Whomever came up with the square idea.....made some serious $$..
Agreed. Stillwater designs had a genius marketing guy in those days, that's for sure! I'm kinda glad that they are a Walmart brand nowadays so people don't talk them up as much anymore. If someone says "yeah, I got a pair of kickers" its totally appropriate to laugh at them now. That being said, the L7s do have a serious motor on them and the old round solobarics were tough to beat back in their heyday. The x series 18 is a flippin monster!!!

psh fk square subs time to make Dodecahedron subs.
And this is a BASIC one according to Google...

JYOclj6.jpg

Almost resembles an Xtant

MTX had a square first.
i recall mtx having a square sub quite a long time ago, but the first mfg in car audio? What year are you thinking those came out? I remember being in tulsa at the time that the square solos came out (before they were called L7's) and dont remember anyone beating them to the market. Im no kicker fan, so if mtx was first, all the better IMO, i just dont remember mtx being first with them

all the cone area in the world.
ALL YOUR CONE AREA ARE BELONG TO US!!!!

Kicker's L7 debuted in 2001...Don't think MTX's square hit the market till 2007ish
i know that the square solobarics came out before i left tulsa which was in '99. Robert Rice was running 4 round solos in the pro 601+ iasca class and won then changed to the squares the year before i left and he got 3rd.

Perhaps he had access to some early run prototypes or something?

The first gen available to you and me was the '01, which technically would of debuted in SEMA/CES the previous year.

i know that the square solobarics came out before i left tulsa which was in '99. Robert Rice was running 4 round solos in the pro 601+ iasca class and won then changed to the squares the year before i left and he got 3rd.

Perhaps he had access to some early run prototypes or something?The first gen available to you and me was the '01, which technically would of debuted in SEMA/CES the previous year.
thats entirely possible, it was robert rice after all. His shop sold more kicker stuff than anything else at the time. Car Toys is bigger into rockford nowadays

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.