Blown Speaker? HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

pevsfreedom

LA
Hi, this is my first post here.

I brought my BRZ into a shop last April I think. Say 2-3 months ago I started to hear a 'buzz' in the driver side dash area. I brought it into the shop that did all the work and the guy first said he heard 'nothing' of course, and then opened it up and said the tweeter was loose, and he fixed it. I think he made all that up, because it still has the buzz (I brought it in about a week ago). So basically the shop I paid all this money too is refusing to help.

I opened popped the speakers out of the dash myself. The tweeter is fine. The 3" speaker in the dash however rattles and buzzes really noticeable to classical music, ESPECIALLY AM radio classical music. I can hear a buzz every time a monotone voice speaks as well. It is only on the driver side, the passenger side sounds fine, even with the ridiculously noisy AM classical stuff that buzzes the driver side like crazy.

It happens when turned to about 22+ (max volume is 32 I believe). EXTREMELY noticeable with classical music and manly voices, mildly noticeable in rock music, come 27 volume it's extremely loud. Guy at shop of course 'heard nothing'.

Is the speaker blown? I held it in my hand and could literally feel the 'buzz/rattle' at certain frequencies (low-mids). Should I be more persistent at the speaker shop? Like I said I think they lied to me about the tweeter being loose just to get me out of there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.