Blown Dayton 8 pics

I did really like how it sounded in a sealed enclosure. It wasn’t until i ported it that the problems occurred. I had it in 1 cube at 31 HZ port tuning when it failed and I was bassing it pretty hard. Very very good output sealed for a 300 watt 8. It’s hard to find a 300 watt 8 that could actually keep up with this Dayton on straight performance. I’m disappointed that the durability isn’t there. It should be for 135$. The AB 8s, Skar 8s, massive audio 8s and sundown 8s can take a lot more punishment. I would never recommend that anyone use this in a ported enclosure. It will not hang in a car audio environment playing music in a ported box.

I did really like how it sounded in a sealed enclosure. It wasn’t until i ported it that the problems occurred. I had it in 1 cube at 31 HZ port tuning when it failed and I was bassing it pretty hard. Very very good output sealed for a 300 watt 8. It’s hard to find a 300 watt 8 that could actually keep up with this Dayton on straight performance. I’m disappointed that the durability isn’t there. It should be for 135$. The AB 8s, Skar 8s, massive audio 8s and sundown 8s can take a lot more punishment. I would never recommend that anyone use this in a ported enclosure. It will not hang in a car audio environment playing music in a ported box.

have no fear, this will take it :). Little sneak peek.

Attachments

• 2BDC46AC-F21D-48CA-AC70-C91474C405A6.jpeg
    2BDC46AC-F21D-48CA-AC70-C91474C405A6.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 55
  • AD2D5A83-07AC-410A-A2E0-B4F6A807B7B9.jpeg
    AD2D5A83-07AC-410A-A2E0-B4F6A807B7B9.jpeg
    916 KB · Views: 54
have no fear, this will take it :). Little sneak peek.
OMG! I’m already ordering plexi for the box on this one. No fvcking way am I going to hide that booty inside a box hidden from view. Also looking for a better amp. I can’t put this on a Timpano amplifier. That’s like killing a unicorn.

OMG! I’m already ordering plexi for the box on this one. No fvcking way am I going to hide that booty inside a box hidden from view. Also looking for a better amp. I can’t put this on a Timpano amplifier. That’s like killing a unicorn.

its a beefy motor and is nice to look at. This SL series the 15’s weigh 27 pounds while the SQL series comes in at 55 pounds and the SQL+ breaks the 100 pound mark lol. I’ve never shipped one of those yet only local pick up. I’m sure it would cost a fortune lol. These days many of the amps out are built in the same factory or by the one across the street. Skar has the rp1200.1 for $135 right now. It’s clean enough and does the power. Unless you can track down an old school Us amps or equivalent, the skar will be fine!

its a beefy motor and is nice to look at. This SL series the 15’s weigh 27 pounds while the SQL series comes in at 55 pounds and the SQL+ breaks the 100 pound mark lol. I’ve never shipped one of those yet only local pick up. I’m sure it would cost a fortune lol. These days many of the amps out are built in the same factory or by the one across the street. Skar has the rp1200.1 for $135 right now. It’s clean enough and does the power. Unless you can track down an old school Us amps or equivalent, the skar will be fine!
I was kinda liking this harmony audio for a good solid 1500 rms watts. It fits on my amp rack without having to completely rebuild it. I like to have just a little more amplifier power than I actually need anyway.

I had a ultimax 10 go out and was running it on a CT sound 1400d and was not even really giving it the juice yet had it broke in and hadn't even really turned it up yet and it started making noise wife was driving the car and it was too late when I found out. I went round and round with PE and told them I had bought alot of stuff from them over the years and I was starting to buy from other places and they need to make things right and they had me send it in and gave me a new one and I just took it out of the box but am sure this one will be junk too. What did you recone it with and I have a IDQ10V4 that I started a thread on because you cant get those kits anymore and need to find a substitute. Nice work looks good they do have a nice motor structure for sure hate to see them go to waste.

Jimmie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...