blown amp

hondacivic94
10+ year member

Hey i have a Hifonics Cyclops 4000 watt rms Amplifier and i was playing it and then all of a sudden the amp just cut out and went into protection mood. Everything i have done to try and make it play wont work and it stays in protection mood. I think its blown and i have no clue how much it would cost to get fixed so please any advice is appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what all have you done? do you have a dmm? will it power up for a second before going into protect? hae you tried with just the power connections, no rcas, or speakers?

Sometimes this means that there is a wire going somewhere it shouldn't. Maybe you hit a bump and somehow loose wires moved and are touching? That's the only way i sent mine into protection mode.

^ reason maxxsonic dosent make big amps no more.

dont power it up any more cause kick outta protection and do more damage,seen many times.

ur a euro so dont send it back to the states see if there is a local or place near you with a good rep for fixing amps. maybe try a euro comp forum and some guys can point you in the rite direction...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.