AP 1.5 K stability lower than factory rating????

my ap3kd is essentially 2 of those strapped inside 1 case and i ran it at 1ohm (so each seeing 1/2 ohm) and never had a single problem. never ran any of my ap1500ds to 1/2 tho

I know a couple people running AP1500's @ .5 daily and haven't had any issues with them. I'm curious to see how low of a load you can put on it before it kicks into protect

tested with a box with low rise. and could run daily at .5 and burp at .35ohm. at .17 kicks in at lower vol.

these amps can only be killed with low voltage or vibration that i have seen...

I know of atleast 20+ people ive installed the 1500s and 1800s for (including myself) that are running them at below one ohm. Lowest ive run one is .4 at the amp, this was with 2 dual 2 subs. NEVER have i had an issue with any of the audiopipe amps, and i will continue running them until i do.

tested with a box with low rise. and could run daily at .5 and burp at .35ohm. at .17 kicks in at lower vol.these amps can only be killed with low voltage or vibration that i have seen...
Define low voltage, i've been looking at these but i'm not sure if my stock electrical would **** on it if I ran at .5

Me and a friend built a burp box for a 15 BTL. We ended up having a terrible ohm rise, so we wired to .5ohm and didnt have an issue. Electrical was 1/0 and a red top in back. The alt was tiny like 70 amp maybe? I would say with an extra battery you should be good. Just get a clamp and see what numbers your doing and box rise.

I have this amp @ 1 ohm now on a single MEMPHIS mojo, every thing in NICE.

AS we all know, as soon as something is working correctly enthusiasts MUST upgrade.

My Idea is to run two 15's in IB, Im working with a designer to get an excellent design (first time I ever paid for a design, kinda makes me sad)

Ultimately I was wondering will the AP 1500.1 run @ .5 on both? Wiring both subs to 1 ohm then putting them both in parallel.

There will be basically NO box rise in this design SO the amp will probably see .5 or very close.

Also what type of power can this baby put out @ .5 ohm?

I have this amp @ 1 ohm now on a single MEMPHIS mojo, every thing in NICE.
AS we all know, as soon as something is working correctly enthusiasts MUST upgrade.

My Idea is to run two 15's in IB, Im working with a designer to get an excellent design (first time I ever paid for a design, kinda makes me sad)

Ultimately I was wondering will the AP 1500.1 run @ .5 on both? Wiring both subs to 1 ohm then putting them both in parallel.

There will be basically NO box rise in this design SO the amp will probably see .5 or very close.

Also what type of power can this baby put out @ .5 ohm?
How do you design to NOT have box rise lol.... and if it's not rising above 1 I doubt it would like you too much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.