Amp ?/Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Saze

Needing some help here on an Amp. Currently I am running a JL HD 900/5 with a JL 12w6 Sub and stock speakers and tweeters on a 2008 Chevy trailblazer. I have decided to go with Hertz hsk 165xl and hcx 165. So my question to you guys is, should I get a 2nd amp? right know my 900/5 overheats real fast. and i was told by one shop to get a 1200/1 amp for my sub and use the 900/5 for all my speakers. but then another shop told me that that was a waste and if im going to keep the 900/5 amp to get a 600/4 and use both. I am new to this and do not know much. What are your opinions/recommendations?

Keep the amp you have. That thing has plenty of power for your highs.

As far heat goes, if you are sure your power cable and ground are robust enough to handle the current draw of your amp, look into cooling fans or a different mounting location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.