Blow through 4th order

Participant count
  • Participant list
****, looks like I'm out of $10 for the design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I don't know what type of music you like but for daily 32hz is about the normal for most people

I don't know what type of music you like but for daily 32hz is about the normal for most people
Mostly rap/hiphop, occasional oldies & Spanish music. Have my current subs tuned to 33hz. Is there anyway I can plug measurements somewhere to find out the actual cubic ft and tuning frequency?

So I'm no longer selling my truck, looking to finally do what my original plans were. I had a design made for me for a 4th order blow though setup my only question is the designer told me it's tuned to 46hz is it tuned too high?
46hz is normal for 4th orders as the sealed portion of the box takes care of the lows.

You dont tune that low for 4th orders That'll basically be a one low note wonder box

OP, if your designer is good, he should have plotted the expected response with the drivers you are going to use for that box. Did he? If not, you can. That will tell you roughly what you can expect to see. It will change in-car, but it is a rough starting point.

For regular ported, maybe. Not bandpass designs.

46hz is normal for 4th orders as the sealed portion of the box takes care of the lows.

You dont tune that low for 4th orders That'll basically be a one low note wonder box
So would you say it's a good to go box? I have pictures I can post if interested

So would you say it's a good to go box? I have pictures I can post if interested
yeah. As long as its within a 1 to (2, 2.5, 3) ratio and your subs have an efficiency bandwith product(google it up there's calculators for it) of 90 or under then it should work. Be sure to subtract your sub's displacement from the sealed section of the box and see if you have enough cubic feet for sealed, if you bought your design from someone who knows what they are doing then go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah. As long as its within a 1 to (2, 2.5, 3) ratio and your subs have an efficiency bandwith product(google it up there's calculators for it) of 50 or under then it should work. Be sure to subtract your sub's displacement from the sealed section of the box and see if you have enough cubic feet for sealed, if you bought your design from someone who knows what they are doing then go for it.
I was referred to him by some members of this site his name is dcarcustoms

A Friend built my box. I Called him every name in the book when he said my 4th order was tuned to 46hz. Quickly apologized after hearing this thing murder the lows. Don't know how it works but they're right. You should be fine. Subs do matter though. Not all subs do well in 4th's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.