Blew pioneer subwoofers, really need help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

cory551
10+ year member

A couple days ago I was listening to my system and the bass started getting less loud then it stopped and a bunch of smoke came from the vent on the box...

I'm assuming the subwoofers are blown, even though when I push on them I don't really hear any magnent grinding.

My setup was a 2600 watt power acoustik two channel, and two 12'' pioneer champion series 4 ohm.

So;

I'm wondering what to do, they don't make any noise at all so I unplugged everything but do you think my amp is blown too? and are these subwoofers toast or what? I plan on buying two type-r's this week, but I don't know if my amp is blown too, what do you think?

Amp might be ok. But in all honesty that amp is crap and it will put out very dirty power (the reason your sub blew along with wrong settings most likely)

What box are you putting the type r's in?

haha i know the amp is cheap, but all in all my system sounded nice. I have a custom ported box i bought from ebay, the type-r's should sound good. I just hope my amp isn't gone cause I don't have enough money for a new one.

If the amp is gone, what do you guys suggest for an amp. I want a lot of power going to these type-r's, and should I go two channel or mono cause I bought the 4ohm type rs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.