blew 300a fuse....what could have caused it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Alright I got a kinetik 2400 today and put it in the trunk. Ran 0 guage from positive battery up front to positive in the back....grounded the 2400 in the back...then ran positive and negative from the 2400 to the kx2500. I have a 300a fuse up by the battery under the hood...then i also fused the power wire going from the 2400 to the amp.

So i was drivin down the road bumpin and all of a sudden my bass quit. Got out noticed the amp wasn't on....then i seen that the fuse blew.

What could have caused this? Would like to figure it out because I only have one other 300a fuse before I have to buy another one and no one around here is them that big.

Sounds like a dead short. You might want to check your power connections. If one little strand of wire came out somewhere and touched the case to the amp, or to a ground it could blow the fuse.

only thing that really causes fews to blow is a short somewhere in the system.

my suggestion:

check ANYWHERE that wire is near sharp objects (drilled through the firewall with wireing going through)

edit: whoops, got to it before me

it has to be something that I done today...bc Ive had the 300a fuse under the hood forever and haven't blown it once....maybe one of the battery post on the kinetik touched something metal in the trunk? would that have caused it to blow?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.