Blaupunkt BT420 Sub output.

Participant count
  • Participant list

eurotrash

Ohio
Hey all, noobie with a non-rca sub out offering on a head unit. I have a Blaupunkt mono amp with only two RCA inputs..no high level. I tried a couple of search phrases and didn't get a hit for the Blaupunkt Toronto head unit.. so is the output from the head unit considered high level, and need a converter? I assume so, but didn't see this coming when ordering parts from the manufacturer. :/

Thanks in advance guys..

View attachment 26553933

Gotcha. Well the head unit has the (blue) remote wire.. so I'm torn. This is for an installation in a very old car that has many moving parts as it is, adding another box is less than advantageous, unless absolutely necessary.

I assume the sub out is a high level situation? Is that given, because of the type of connection it is?

I also thought about just running RCAs off the front channel outputs to the amp, as long as doing so doesn't change anything at the speaker outputs.. but then full range to a mono amp...??? I'm really lost

thats the thing! the head unit has RCAs for the front channels but not the sub! The sub amp takes line level RCA, no speaker inputs.. so can I run positive off of the left channel RCA, negative off of the right channel RCA to the sub amp, let the crossover in the amp do the work and call it a day?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-15%20at%205.59.24%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-15%20at%202.58.22%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-15%20at%206.00.13%20PM.png

sorry to be a pain man. thanks for the help. If you think that's a fine solution, then I will go that route. Its just a JL 6.5" sub.. not like its going to 20HZ or anything..

Yup, that'll work, or you can just splice into the rear speaker wires at the pillars in your vehicle and run an rca from the converter to the amp that way. Doesn't matter which way you do it, you'll just need a longer rca if you tie in behind the radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.