Biggest waste of $ in audio you've had...?

my story goes as follows....i had a '91 toyota pickup. i had 2 12" fosgate punch z series subs 2 sony explode 6x9's (didnt have any problems w/ them...guess i got lucky), and a pioneer h/u and a jensen 400 watt amp(same as the sony's cheap but not bad) i had just moved into a new apartment and had been there for about 4 months then my water pump, radiater went out and my truck was out of commision for a bit.....the day after i got my truck fixed they broke into my truck and took everything except my tweeters.....really pissed me off w/ the amp cause it was bolted to the frame w/ 2 diff. size bolts and a phillips and flat head screw.....it really suckd....

I let my ex-girlfriend borrow my car so she could take her friend to a party. She forgot to lock the door and all of my cd's got stolen. It was three 25 count cases (75 cd's), my whole collection that started back with the Metallica Black album. She felt so guilty about it that she snuck off for an hour or so and came back with a bunch of cd's in a huge bag. She went to Best Buy and bought EVERY cd she could remember that I had. It was a little over 60 (over $700 worth). Sweet huh?!

A month in a half later is when my system got stolen, and yes, they took the cd's along with a $300 equalizer she had bought me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

"stiffening" capacitors

Still have one, makes a great paperweight...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

okok....DONT LAUGH NOW

but..

i bought a road gear amp...and a THUMP! sub....

yeah...the amp....got fried.....really fast..i'd say within a few hours...and the sub which was suppposed to take 250 watts rms.....couldnt take 40...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

haha so, thats how my story goes...

hey! i was only 13!

A few hours, WOW!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by wesleysh I let my ex-girlfriend borrow my car so she could take her friend to a party. She forgot to lock the door and all of my cd's got stolen. It was three 25 count cases (75 cd's), my whole collection that started back with the Metallica Black album. She felt so guilty about it that she snuck off for an hour or so and came back with a bunch of cd's in a huge bag. She went to Best Buy and bought EVERY cd she could remember that I had. It was a little over 60 (over $700 worth). Sweet huh?!

A month in a half later is when my system got stolen, and yes, they took the cd's along with a $300 equalizer she had bought me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

wow, that *****. sounds like you've got a nice g/f though

thats why you dont let your woman take your car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif haha jus kidden

Actually, your right. Never let your woman take your car.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I learned my lesson.

Hah. I got a good one for this thread. Me and my friend went to this flee market thing or something. And we were just screwing around and we were looking at their gay car audio stuff. And I saw this pyle subwoofer that was supposed to handle 1000 watts of power right. So I was like come on J, lets split this sub (30$ each) and we will see what it can do. Put the thing up to a Fosgate 500.2 amp in his car. Needless to say the sub did REALLL well. I think we successfully blew it up in less than 5 minutes. Now if the money lost wasn't bad or amusing enough, the thing sounded like a$$ the whole 5 minutes we played it. But by far the worst part of the entire thing was the wonderful smell it left in my friends car for about a week . . . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif it was rank believe me. hehe

~Bob

awww, your cd story brought back memories. (sniff sniff). Ok, u had about 75 cds. I had my whole 120 case (full) plus a 75 case that was half way full. Ok, i let my cousin borrow my cds because it was some type of concert going on. He parked in the front. During the concert someone broke in his Acura. Stole his 12s, cd players, all his cds, and of course all my cds. I was heart broken. (Only if i had a girl to buy me some more) So i learned my lesson, never let anyone borrow **** Till you just brought up your cds, i had forgot all about it. But i really dont care care because now my cd count is 400 plus, and locked in my room

to all u people with the huge cd collections: here is an idea...u obviously have a computer, so why don't u back your cd's up?

i had a pair of 6x9 Jensens in my car hooked up to a 200 watt crossfire amp, they could hold 180 a piece, but they were each getting 100. It sounded awesome for like a day, then oone didnt play anymore. I got new ones and they both quit working, I finally used my brain and got pioneers

I got my cd's stolen back when having a cd burner was a luxury. Now they basically come standard with every computer, lol. I have all my cd's backed up now, just because I hate using scratched cd's. When it gets scratched now I just burn another.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.