Big time novice questions on setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

ugadawg

I've tried to find the answers on here but I really don't know enough about these things to find an answer.

I have a Rockford Fosgate P2002 (probably? It's definitely a P####) amp and a Infinity perfect 12 setup that I bought from a friend a pretty long time ago. For a while, the output from the sub has been in and out and when it does work, it usually goes into protect mode after a few minutes. It worked fine for a few years and randomly started after a few things happened. I'm pretty sure I had a short in the wire connecting the sub to the amp which I replaced, the fuse in the line to the battery and it worked for a while and then started with the current problem.

Is there an obvious problem with my set up such as wiring or settings? Try to keep the answers as basic as possible. Basically all I know is the sub is 4 ohm the gain and frequency settings aren't turned all the way up. Thanks for the help.

I'll check on the model number for the amp but the sub is just the Kappa Infinity perfect 12. I'm pretty sure there's only the 12 and the 12d. Also, what crossover setting should be selected.

Ok, I bridged the sub wires and it's working now. When the stereo volume is down low you can here a lot of distortion through the sub speaker. I have it set on LP, does that mean theres a problem with the sub? No problems with going into protect mode on that try but we'll see. Also, the amp is a P4004, not a 2002.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.