big three question

xgallegos4
10+ year member

tracy ca
so i want to do the big three in 0 gauge on my 2001 impala but i have a few questions

do i remove the wires that are already there then attach the 0 gauge? or do you leave them there and add on top of them?

also has anyone on here done a big three on a 2001-05 impala ?

You can leave them if you want, but I removed the OEM wires in my '08 Silverado...easier IMO.

And no, I only do trucks, but as the Impala is a GM, don't worry, you shouldn't have any issues.

i did it on a gtp same car(almost). the battery ground was the worst,seems to always be nasty on almost every w body ive seen. just scrapped it down and i ran with 4 gauge, but on my car im going 0 gauge lol. did the alt to fuse box and even used the diode from zzp to boost volts. windows roll up/down faster car even feels better

whether or not to replace factory wiring depends on their size, condition, and location. The battery will typically have two grounds - chassis and body. I'll leave the body if the factory battery terminal is retained (top and side post battery). I'll upgrade the body ground to 8awg min, and chassis ground to the same size as the audio system power wire (4awg min).

the engine block to chassis jumper is usually replaced, and i'll reuse the factory grounding points if the are worthy. I'll always sand down the paint, get the new grounding ring terminal well secured, then coat the whole thing with silicone or a protectant to prevent rust.

Do what you think makes sense - and inspect all factory terminals. Replace any terminals with corrosion or oxidation. Remember that the main resistance (voltage drop) is in your connections, and not usually the wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.