big blank dynoed autopipe apmi1500 did ok

I should include as part of the results how the amp compared at 2 ohms against Gramps amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So the hunk of terd AP didnt make rated....yet again. But people will still scream that its the best budget amp.

One thing ill add about the AP, is the power gets dirty FAST. We did a drop in with a higher quality amp of same power level, and gained 1db. *shrugs

And thats true for any amps. If you compete, the power needs to translate to score. Put that AP against a DD m1 also clamping that power....see what matters higher. Clean power matters.

Will you start dynoing every amp at 8 ohms? I want to start comparing every amp at 8 ohms. I have a home theater sub/amp combo that makes 460 at 8 ohms. So I want to know what an amp does at 8 ohms no matter what it's rated at. 8 ohms may not be the norm. You may think why don't I just buy an amp that makes power at 8 ohms. Because all I care about is 8 ohm power. I don't care if an amp is rated for 1 ohm, 1/2 ohm. All that matters is 2 ohm.... I mean 8 ohm. Has to be an 8 ohm rating. Not because I'm EVER going to use the amp at 8 ohms. I have to use that as a comparison of every amp, home/car/marine/headphone/pa.... Etc. At 8 ohms. 8 ohms, 8 ohms, 8 ohms. Did I mention mine does 460 at 8 ohms? I know there are other amps that do more or less at 8 ohms. I'll never use them. But, everyones benchmark should be what my amp makes at 8 ohms.

Will you start dynoing every amp at 8 ohms? I want to start comparing every amp at 8 ohms. I have a home theater sub/amp combo that makes 460 at 8 ohms. So I want to know what an amp does at 8 ohms no matter what it's rated at. 8 ohms may not be the norm. You may think why don't I just buy an amp that makes power at 8 ohms. Because all I care about is 8 ohm power. I don't care if an amp is rated for 1 ohm, 1/2 ohm. All that matters is 2 ohm.... I mean 8 ohm. Has to be an 8 ohm rating. Not because I'm EVER going to use the amp at 8 ohms. I have to use that as a comparison of every amp, home/car/marine/headphone/pa.... Etc. At 8 ohms. 8 ohms, 8 ohms, 8 ohms. Did I mention mine does 460 at 8 ohms? I know there are other amps that do more or less at 8 ohms. I'll never use them. But, everyones benchmark should be what my amp makes at 8 ohms.
Wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf did I just read? Your worse than gramps and his 2 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.