big 3 ?

the Answer
10+ year member

DC audio FTMFW
im trying to do a big 3 today but i have a ford ranger and the alt doesnt go to the batt and my dad said that i shouldnt change it, it goes to a solenoid then to the batt. so im going to do the grounds but is their any thing i can do about the alt to batt?

What are the cables your referring to? When your doing the big 3, you leave the stock wiring alone, there's no reason to remove it. Just add the 3 wires...
so im not replacing any wires:confused: i just put new gounds along with the old grounds and the stock alt to batt with the new alt to batt

so im not replacing any wires:confused: i just put new gounds along with the old grounds and the stock alt to batt with the new alt to batt
yes! Your making this too complicated...your not replacing anything, your not removing anything, your simply adding...

wait i just called my dad and he said that running alt to batt will leave the alt on and it will drain my batt so he said that it wont work
Yeah your dad is an idiot. I as well as every other person on this forum basically have a wire straight from my alt + to my batt +. You're not the first one to ever do this.

Ask your dad how current can flow from the alt when it is not turning. If it can, then you have a magical power source and you have solved the earth's energy problems.

wait i just called my dad and he said that running alt to batt will leave the alt on and it will drain my batt so he said that it wont work
Then this forum would be full of dead battery mofos. Im a dad and I say your dad is stoopid as fauk.

I did the Big 3 on my sons car and what do you know, 8 months later, No Dead Battery.

except that my dad has been in atomotive for over 15 years so i think he knows what he is talking about.
Yeah he may know how to fix the mechanical problems on a car but it sounds like he doesn't know **** about electrical. How can an alternator drain a battery? Ask him to provide a detailed explanation...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.