BIG 3 Q. my power wire is hooked to fuse box., can i run bigger wire from alt to it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

I measured wire needed i guess 4ft kit would work to battery but would need terminals and dont think factory batt wire long enough for new terminal.. guy in that video had side post terminals (easy) & showed running wire to batt from alt the from batt to fuse box (i was trying to skip going to pos on battery going straight to fuse box from alt.) also i don't have fuse and cheap kit i was gonna get dont have one.. I also tested volts at amp going down the road (wife drove) and i had 15.1v at amp sometimes but it dropped as low as 14v just went up and down constantly average probably 14.4v don't know if 1v swing is normal or not. i noticed i have fuse block at amp and 4ga in 8ga to amp (1ft long) so i may remove fuse block run 4 ga to amp plenty of extra wire.. had alt tested with voltage booster removed tested find 14.4v under load so not bad, turned box back facing into trunk swapped speaker wire to 10ga and now it pounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.