Big 3 help!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pauly187
10+ year member

I'm in the middle of doing this upgrade to my 99 f150 extended cab 4.6 v8

I have a 0 gage running from chassis to battery! Engine to chassis! Engine and battery share a common ground point on the chassis is that ok?

The power wire from battery to alternator has yet to be hooked up because Im wanting to know if I must place a fuse block in the middle of that wire battery to altanator? If so how big?

Also I plan to run zero gage from battery upfront to a battery in the cab kinetik 2400 and am gunna run zero gage from the second battery to the amp zx2500! Do I place the fuse for the amp between the second battery and amp in the cab or place the fuse from the first run of wire under the hood?

On fusing the run between the alt and battery you fuse for the size and length of the wire so on 3' of 0g I would get a block that allows you to stack two fuses to get above what you alt actually puts out I have two 150amp fuses stacked on a stock alt.

So I have read that thread and is says fusing the alternator and battery wire is optional???? Can I get away with not fusing it?
You can..I dont run a fuse for my system for the alternator,Just to the system itself. have had 0 issues for the last 8 yrs in this vehicle done that way.I feel like, the existing wiring was not fused, and it should be just fine,and so far...No ISSUES

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.