Big 3 and some General questions

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
Well, I put in the ground from my battery to chassis today. I still need to do the alt to battery and the chassis to block. Hah, I really can't continue with the Big 3 unless I find somebody else with a table vice to crimp the terminals that I'm using because the vice broke while I was crimping one of the terminals. My grandpa said that the ring terminals on the posts on the battery will corrode because they are made of copper, is there anything I can apply to the rings to resist corrosion?

Does the chassis to block need to be bolted in the same place as the battery to chassis?

This definitely sounds awful, but what do distribution blocks do?

And last but not least: Do I have to remove the stock wire from the alt to battery?

you dont have to use a vice to crimp them. Lay a flathead screwdriver down on it, and pound it with a hammer
That's what I had in mind, except using a chisel rather than a screwdriver. But somebody please answer the other questions. I hate to be a burden about it, but I really want to know more about it.

old dude , i have a quick question for you.First big amp & sub install sins the eighties when everything was simple! Amps high level input cord / Wht Wht/Blk & Gray Gray/Blk . Whats + and whats - ? HELP dONT WANT TO f**K UP ANYTHING!

To prevent corrosion they sell a small washer like cloth that goes over the battery terminal and under the connector that is soaked in something. You can get them at most hardware stores, but i just put some white lithium greese on mine and it works like a charm but doesnt look to good.

Ok, thanks for the corrosion answers, but I still need to know what Distribution blocks do and if I need to remove the stock alt/battery cable.
Leave all the stock cables in place, just add the big 3. Distribution blocks are simple, they just take a larger wire and distribute it into multiple smaller wires. For instance I use a 1/0 gauge unput to a pair of 1/0 gauge ouputs on my block. The outputs had reducers to make them as small as 4 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.