Bew Box

monte_carlo97
10+ year member

Power Acoustik Punk
Central Ohio
I am gettting ready to build a new box for my 97 Monte. I am getting bored with the old one tuned to 35 hertz. So my question is what should i tune my new one to. I am going for all out SPL. The next protion of my question is, should i make one port and put the two subs in one shared chamber like i have now. Or should i make 2 seperate chambers and two seperate ports.

Thanks,

-Dave

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated.

But if this is still for daily listening...remember you don't want to tune *too* high or music will bottom the sub out. If you want a comp/daily setup, I'd build a box with a swappable port or port plug type thingymabob whichamajigger.

Well, the phrase "all out SPL" doesn't imply a daily street-beating box to me...but the port plug would still be a good idea if he's up to the extra work that entails.

Unless someone specifically states it's a comp only box, I assume by "all out SPL" that they don't give a rats hairy ass about SQ, only output and loudness.

Well, the phrase "all out SPL" doesn't imply a daily street-beating box to me...but the port plug would still be a good idea if he's up to the extra work that entails.
this is going to be a comp box. I am going for max spl. Then i will make a port plug to turn it into a daily driver.

if someone would be willing to spend a little time with me designing a box, i would really appreciate it.

Basically i want to find out what volume will yield the most output and what to tune to.

to you competitors,

i dont understand how you can simply find the resonant frequency of your car, when your car is composed of so many different materials, each of which have different resonant frequencies....

is just when your panels start to resonate?

and montecarlo, if you're serious about a competition box, you will probably have to experiment with a couple different boxes, so it probably wont hurt just to make a completely different daily box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.