Better to sacrifice output for upgradability?

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxmil982

I plan on getting an SA12. The basis of my dilemma is whether the sub will be significantly louder and lower powered with 1200w vs 800w?

This is my Orion amp stats:

2400W HCCA High Current Competition Class D Monoblock Amplifier

2400W Class D Mono Amplifier

RMS Power Output:

4 Ohms: 425 watts x 1 chan.

2 Ohms: 800 watts x 1 chan.

1 Ohm: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

My first option is to get the 2ohm and feed it a clean, legit 1200w, matched with o-scope, wired down to 1ohm

Second option is to get the 4ohm give it the lesser 800w @ 2ohm and be better set up to get a second in the distant future and upgrade the amp.

I'm leaning toward second option IF it will be close in loud and lowness to the first option?

If it's not I'd rather have it sounding its best since I won't be upgrading for some time either way.

Thanks in advance

yeah i get it, friend has same problem with his cab amp.. idk what car u got but 1 sa with 1200rms will be pretty loud especially ported.. unless u just chasing #'s (db) u maybe happy with that and if u think u want another one later should be pretty easy to sell your sa with 1200rms so peeps can hear what it can do..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.