Better Speakers for the money?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello!

I just bought a Ford Bronco that has the following sets of speakers: 2x 6.5" speakers in the front doors and 2x 6x9" speakers for the back seat area. No sub. I now want to sound dampen the car, add good amps and replace all the speakers and ad a 12" subwoofer. I am looking at the Rockford Fosgate Punch series for all 3 types of speakers I need. I listen to mostly metal and I'm wondering if this would give me that chest-pounding "punch" I'm looking for wen listening to Exodus going down the highway!

Jokes aside, the 6.5" speaker costs about $60 a piece, the 6x9 cost $65 and the 12" sub costs $147. For a total price for all 5 speakers of almost exactly $400 or so (Amazon prices).

I'm wondering if anyone recommends any other speakers for the money. I'm looking to spend up to $2000 for the entire setup (sound deadening, amplifiers, audio sources, digital sound processor etc). Like I said, I am looking for something punchy but at the same time at lower volumes "alive", being able to hear every instrument, having a nice balance of it all.

These are identical to the alpine type X series a few years ago which were made very well and is highly regarded in the Sound Quality community in DIYMA forums.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-alpine-HIEND-28MM-vifa-XT25-hifi-audio-car-tweeter-speaker-4ohm-50W-/222318486214

These are solid performing mids with good midbass punch Thats priced per mid

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/

These are midbass monsters but need a lot of amplifier power.

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy7-4ohm.html

Best amp in the budget class, nothing comes close right now on the market. does 120 x 4 at 4 ohms through dyno tests, underrated.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-Gm-d8604-1-200W-Class-D-4-Channel-Amp/26973204?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227024911795&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42978108752&wl4=pla-81470183672&wl5=9031569&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=26973204&wl13=&veh=sem

You will want to spend absolutely nothing on the 6x8s in the back and focus all your power on the front or else you'll end up with weak underpowered sounding speakers that will 100% disappoint because when you play the music louder and your amplifier cannot produce enough clean power, you end up with sh*tty/harsh sounding speakers with distortion and speaker break up not to mention waaay weaker midbass. Midbass drivers need A LOT OF power. Leave the stock 6x8s there on head unit power. The 4 channel amp will have two channels powering the tweeter and two powering the midrange.

Good list!

I had forgotten about those Silver Flutes, and I’m looking for something good and inexpensive for the doors of my F150 daily driver WT to get by for now, so I just bought these from Madisound for $81 shipped. Can’t beat that if they are as good as people say they are.

Thanks Jeff for posting those.

Edit: I just installed/swapped that Pioneer D8604 with the 40 wpc Alpine I had in the Ford Truck. This is an awesome amplifier, and the increase in dynamic range due to the more than 60 wpc increase is noticeable. Sounds every bit as good as all the other amplifiers I have or had.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.