Best way to wire a center speaker?

LMAO! Thanks for the inspiring words friend, I may give it a try. It sounded fine when I had it hooked up to the HU before, plus I'm running an 80hz HPF on the HU anyways so the amp isn't working that hard.
No problem, the best part about giving bad advice on this website is that there are plenty of other people giving good advice, that way if you follow the bad advice, I'm not the stupid one.

You should consider buying a 4ch amp and bridging the rear channels and keeping your gains down.

OK, so I can take both positives and negatives from the LF and RF outputs of the HU and run them to the mid and I won't fry my HU? That's what I did originally but read that doing so would put too much stress on the HU.
No no no nooOOooo... connect between R+ and L- or L+ and R-. Don't parallel 2 channels.

Oh ok...by the way, that terryjoshua guy just solicited some amps in a private message to me. Is that in accordance with the rules? He talked about paying him payments on his Paypal merchant services account...the message seemed like a spam email. Anyone want to chime in on this?

So I just hooked the center speaker to the R+ and L- of the front channels on the HU, it sounds pretty decent. I wish it had a bit more power, but I'm running 100 per side at least on my front comps so I'm not surprised that the center is lagging. It definitely fills in some extra midrange though so I'm happy. Thanks again guys for the help...and stay away from terryjoshua, he smells like a scammer to me 100%.

Oh ok...by the way, that terryjoshua guy just solicited some amps in a private message to me. Is that in accordance with the rules? He talked about paying him payments on his Paypal merchant services account...the message seemed like a spam email. Anyone want to chime in on this?
eh, not really a violation. when we sell audio we use Paypal to exchange funds electronically. it is the preferred method of payment. only buy from people you trust and equipment that is clearly legit - i.e. photos with date and name/username, photos of it working/on, etc.

there are plenty of risks when buying used from people on the internet. people with long standing rep in forums (references, itrader, ebay selling feedback, etc.) are usually safer since they have demonstrated honesty and integrity. people with low post counts or new members are usually a higher risk (not saying they can't be legit, but that they haven't demonstrated it).

demonstrating an amp works is easy - simply take pics of it playing test tones on each channel near rated output. anyone selling gear should be able to do that. ask for that when buying used. if the buyer can't, then they need to accept a much lower price as the risk is higher and the amp should be treated as non-working/parts only with the possibility of being fine.

So I just hooked the center speaker to the R+ and L- of the front channels on the HU, it sounds pretty decent. I wish it had a bit more power, but I'm running 100 per side at least on my front comps so I'm not surprised that the center is lagging. It definitely fills in some extra midrange though so I'm happy.
note that HU distortion will be evident as you increase HU volume. getting a small 2 channel amp that you can bridge is a good idea. there are thousands of small 2 channel amps available used and cheap. ideally, a center channel processor. Alpine made some in the late 80's and early 90's that are considered "old school" but still good quality.

My max volume is set at 60/80 on the HU to prevent distortion so I should be ok there for now. I'll look for a small mono eventually and maybe even a DSP...for now this is going to have to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.