so cal installers box builders

Participant count
  • Participant list
What are you looking for enclosure wise? Perhaps one of us could work something out for you.

If not, I or a few others may be able to track down an installer/builder local to help you out some.

[quote name='mclerico83']why not have one of our great box builders on here like @double 07 ; or @pro\-rabbit ; build you a sick enclosure.[/QUOTE]
ya i have talked to both those guys and im thinking about it, but im it might be kind of hard to get what i really want with out you guys having the truck there in front of you. I might be able to do some of it to make it easier but im not sure.

What are you trying to do exactly?

Sorry if my memory is a little fuzzy, I have been gone for a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

What are you trying to do exactly?
Sorry if my memory is a little fuzzy, I have been gone for a week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
its cool it was awhile back and it will be awhile before i get a box done. Im buying all parts for my system now " i have saz 1500 and sax 100.4 and bought 2 sa 8 v2 d4 that should be here in a few weeks. have some of my wires already " i still have to buy mids and highs and a few other small things.

but i have a 88 mazda cab plus that i cut the back seats down a bit " side to side to make room between them for a box " and i want to make a back panel to mount my amps and wires to then a box in the middle " one inverted on top with the port behind that facing up , then other sub facing forward at same angle as the front seats. " maybe just wrapped in carpet or maybe fiberglass . I wanted rings around the sub so they are flush mounted . but im not a box builder and i am open to suggestions. want it to look clean but dont want to get all crazy.

So the seats are cut down in the center so you have like an extended center console? If so I would stick with your idea and use fiberglass to get a more "creative" look to the front and angle of the enclosure. You could choose to paint it, wrap it, or what ever else you may think of.

As for the amp rack, maybe doing some kind of "floating" look would be ideal. I like using frosted edge plexi and lighting them up with LEDs and making them the exact size of the amp and lifting it up a few inches to give it that floating look.

too bad your not closer to the monterey peninsula ,jason ,we could do it up here ,but it would take a few days easy ,prolly closer to a week .still trying to find some one close to you tho .

i do have a shop in fresno if that helps any .

the biggest thing is i need to keep the rear seats " or make a new floor with padding " and the back rest needs to have some sort of padding on it . My truck goes to shows and i like to take wife and kids. I know its not the roomiest but at least they can come.

too bad your not closer to the monterey peninsula ,jason ,we could do it up here ,but it would take a few days easy ,prolly closer to a week .still trying to find some one close to you tho . i do have a shop in fresno if that helps any .
well hit up sundown and if they will sponsor me a bit " no one knows about sundown where im at " ill make the drive to you. what is fresno " your shop " i think fresno is like 5 hr from me. maybe we can work something out if i cant find closer shop

well hit up sundown and if they will sponsor me a bit " no one knows about sundown where im at " ill make the drive to you. what is fresno " your shop " i think fresno is like 5 hr from me.
no not my shop ,my friends shop audio innovations of fresno

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.