Best way to start a new system?

You have to make a few major decisions before you pick the first piece of equipment.
1) What is your budget?

2) What are your system goals?

3) How much space are you willing to give up?

4) How much are you willing to modify the vehicle?

Until you answer those questions, no one here can do anything for you.
This. When you are ready to buy start with the headunit. It is the most important piece of the system. Dont skimp out on this part.

I started off with a Type X 1043D but my 600 RMS wasn't enough to push it. I'm running a Kicker 15" CVR in there now and it blends nicely with my fronts when turned down. It also gives me pretty good output when I want it. What year is your GC and what kind of lift are you running?

I recommend joining jeepforum.com and nagca.com/forum. I'm a member of both and Jeep guys are always willing to help each other out. They're great online communities.

I started off with a Type X 1043D but my 600 RMS wasn't enough to push it. I'm running a Kicker 15" CVR in there now and it blends nicely with my fronts when turned down. It also gives me pretty good output when I want it. What year is your GC and what kind of lift are you running?
I recommend joining jeepforum.com and nagca.com/forum. I'm a member of both and Jeep guys are always willing to help each other out. They're great online communities.
It's an 02 WJ on a Rough Country 4" lift. I am on both boards though mostly JF. Just got the Jeep less then a week ago...having some issues that need ironed out I can start buying stuff for the stereo but I want to try and have everything planned out so when the time comes I don't have to waste time.

Nice. As noted in my sig, I'm driving a 97 ZJ. It's stock for now, but I plan on doing a BB, longer shocks, and discos. I'm currently working on gathering all the armor for it. I've been told that it will be a pretty capable ZJ with that setup and decent 31s. I'm running a set of brand new 29s right now so when the BB comes, I'm going to be keeping the stock size tires for a little while. The Jeep is my daily driver. Otherwise, I would go with a larger lift, possibly a LA lift.

As far as my system went, I had all my stuff ready to go before I even had the Jeep. I knew I was getting it; I was waiting on my buddy to sell I to me. Honestly, the Jeep is definitely my favorite daily driver I've had.

I hear ya. I have had Jeeps for years. 5 XJ's, 1 TJ, and now a WJ. The ZJ's are badazz wheelers and you should be good from the sound of it. I don't plan to do much if any offroading in mine as it is a dd too. I still have my stock XJ that I might turn into a trail rig someday. Right now I have some bad death wobble and I just ordered a JKS track bar, new shocks, steering stabilizer, and rear sway bar. I am hoping that improved the ride and help with the DW. Then I need to get tires...plans are 32/11.50 or 33/12.50 on 15" wheels. So the new parts killed the stereo budget for now but hopefully soon I'll have the cash to start buying components if my Jeep doesn't need more work after all this.

Alright...getting ready to start measuring and ordering wire. Getting enough to do the Big 3 and get power to the rear where the amp(s) will be. I am also looking for some deadening material that won't break the bank. How much of this stuff is really needed? I plan to do the front doors, rear hatch, back doors if needed. Do I need to do the floors/firewall as well?

As far as components...I am looking at the following:

Head Unit: ?

Front stage: CDT Audio Classic 6.5" 2-Way Component set

Amp: MB Quart DSC450

Sub: Sundown SA-12

Amp: Audiopipe AP-10001D

How's this look so far? Anything you would change? Thanks for all the help so far.

I was also looking at the MB Quart DSC1500.1D for my sub. Is this amp worth $100 more than the Audiopipe? Power is about the same...just wondering if there is a quality difference?

Lucky...you have a factory 136 amp. I'm only running a 90 amp on the Jeep. I don't think it's got too much longer then I'm upgrading to the 136 amp. I'd buy yours if you upgraded, but they use a different bracket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.