Best way to secure removable baffles?

Participant count
  • Participant list

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hey guys,

I plan on building a single ported box with 2 or 3 different "top" baffle pieces to play around with a few

different types and sizes of subs that I have.

What is the preferred method to use to fasten and unfasten a top baffle? Im using 3/4" MDF

thx

THX for the video link.

But Im planning on building just a box with the ports facing the rear and having the WHOLE top piece removable where the subs are mounted. They will be firing upwards. So bascially I need to modify all four edges with a type of removable connectors, something threaded etc....

Double up all around where the baffle will be mounted to. On the outer edge, drill holes straight down to sink in some all-thread about every 8-10", leaving enough thread sticking up to have room for a washer/nut to secure the baffle. Drill holes in the baffle to fit and slide down where you have placed the all-thread. On the underside of the baffle, use some 1/2" thick weatherstripping that'll make contact with the inner part of the doubled-up sides described earlier.

Double up all around where the baffle will be mounted to. On the outer edge, drill holes straight down to sink in some all-thread about every 8-10", leaving enough thread sticking up to have room for a washer/nut to secure the baffle. Drill holes in the baffle to fit and slide down where you have placed the all-thread. On the underside of the baffle, use some 1/2" thick weatherstripping that'll make contact with the inner part of the doubled-up sides described earlier.
What if I used just thicker MDF, like 1" instead of 3/4" ?

What if I used just thicker MDF, like 1" instead of 3/4" ?
I guess it kinda depends on what size all-thread you use as well. If you have the room to run the weatherstripping inside the thread and still have a good seal with 1" MDF, go for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.