Best way to hook up my amp to a new cvr.

Participant count
  • Participant list

digitalrainman
10+ year member

here
I am planning on getting a 12 inch kicker cvr sub and i need to know the best way to hook up the amp i have now, so i know to get 2ohm or 4ohm sub.

Amp - Crunch PZN2250 (i know cheap, but it may work fine)

4ohms - 2x150

2ohms - 2x225

4ohms bridged - 1x450

The link to the full specs is here on this pdf on the last page and the amp number is PZN2250 http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/crunch/pdfs/crPZ_PNZ2100-4250amp.pdf

What i need to know is what output will i use for most power to the 12 inch cvr. From what i can either 4ohm bridged or 2ohm separate will yield the same results. I have no idea what to do. The two options i see are:

1) Getting 2ohm sub and running the coils in series to get a final 4ohm impedence and run the amp in bridged 4ohm.

2) Getting 2ohm sub and running the coils on separate channels to utilize the amps 2x225 at 2ohm impedence?

What would be better because they both add to 450?

Also here is a really stupid question but how do i know if the amp is running correctly in the 2ohm mode instead of 4ohms if i was too hook up the separate channels to each coil. Since i know it cant run 2ohms in bridged that is fine. But how do check to make sure that it is doing 225x2 instead of 150x2 on 4ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.